Fuel shortage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

While having breakfast and watching the news this morning there was a report about fuel shortage..over the bank holiday weekend.

Basically the AA have said do not panic buy.

So there I am sat there having my toast not aware of any fuel shortage until this moment.. Booked to go away to the Lakes for Easter with the Caravan for a family holiday.

Do I go and fill up straight away to make sure I'm ok to go away.....YES I DID. (I did get ready first:))

Seems very odd to report the fact not to panic buy as it makes you go and do exactly that.

So now I have 80L of Fuel and as long as I get to my destination I'm not too bothered about getting back :)

Has anyone else filled today just in case...

Exactly just like ME !

Had they said nothing I would have walked or rode to work as I do normally.

I've not, but lately the fuel shortages seem to have been diesel rather than petrol and high octane petrol (which is the same price if not more than diesel) has been fairly safe.

In the 2000 petrol shortages my old vx astra ran on LRP which was great, they would never run out of that stuff!

I actually filled up yesterday afternoon after the strike ballot had been announced but before the main news feeds had picked it up knowing that this is exactly what will happen.

I need to get to Heathrow on Monday. Beyond that, don't care.

Filled up 2 cars yesterday - found an Esso near my house with 95RON for 156.9p a litre... couldn't miss the opportunity!

Good thing I did, even if there aren't shortages, people panic buying will get the prices to go up!

M.

If I cant get fuel it means I cant get to work.

Woohoo! :bannana:

Filled up 2 cars yesterday - found an Esso near my house with 95RON for 156.9p a litre... couldn't miss the opportunity!

Good thing I did, even if there aren't shortages, people panic buying will get the prices to go up!

M.

I've just put Tesco momentum (99 RON) in at £141.9

If the tanker drivers go on strike even if the army deliver fuel the price will go up and then when the tanker drivers go back to work the price will stay up.

I'm not rushing out. Have about a 1/2 tank in each car.

Might need to go to Sevenoaks later this week, but that is easily trainable.

Not sure what the answer is, but this is playing into the Unions hands.

I'm posting this from the Isle of Skye as I'm on tour. Plenty of fuel around here. Good job, the tyres smell of burning and I'm using up fuel, fast!!!

I think i will be ok

My C250 CDi Sport has a full tank and my wife C220 Cdi Elegance has a full tank

Both should be ok for the 1400 miles

If both run dry my C36 AMG has a full tnak as well (400 miles)

Having just seen the news, I'll be panic buying first class stamps tomorrow!

As I understand it, the stamps don't go up till April 30 but I shall certainly stock up before then.

With cars, I admit to filling the Merc on Sunday when I first heard the news. Not necessary so far round here as plenty of fuel about.

Filled up this afternoon, there was no diesel and very little petrol left so I filled it to the top.

Diesel is sold out at most major retailers in Warrington.

sometimes i wonder if these strikes are intended for panic buying just so that the treasury get more cash

Prices have gone up to, it's a ridiculous situation that's out of control.

The Olympics are going to be interesting....

sometimes i wonder if these strikes are intended for panic buying just so that the treasury get more cash

How will the treasury benefit overall, especially if the Army has to be mobilised to drive the tankers?

It's just the drivers holding the country to ransom. Union power...working with the people...

How will the treasury benefit overall, especially if the Army has to be mobilised to drive the tankers?

It's just the drivers holding the country to ransom. Union power...working with the people...

As I said earlier the prices will go up and after the drivers return to work the prices will stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom