Fuel/Turbo/Egr etc cleaners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercedesstar

Car
S320Cdi
Hi all
Having seen numerous posts about which cleaners to use for fuelsystem, turbo etc, I had this link sent in an email to me, Turbo Cleaning and Turbo Cleaners | Oilem - Lifting the lid on the market. Although it is linked to Powerenhancer, Power Enhancer HOME | Engine Cleaning | Injector Cleaner | Octane Booster, and their products, it is very informative and gives some good clear explanations as to why carbon and deposits etc builds up in the engine and how to get rid of it. Interesting, for instance, to read about todays engine oils. Many oils, especially expensive fully synthetic oils that have low sap or low ash content designed for DPF equipped cars, do not have sufficient quality or enough additive strength to keep the turbo well lubricated for the extended oil drain cycles that we now see. Some are supposedly designed to last up to and beyond 20.000 miles. Research and oil analysis have shown that these oil begin to struggle long before that mileage is reached. I have used some of their products with good results. I think the thing to keep in mind with any cleaners, it is not enough to just put a bottle of cleaner in and think it will sort the problem once and for all. The good thing, if you decide to use some of their products, you`ll recieve an email every month with a 20% off code.
I currently use Lucas Oil Products (UK) - Heavy Duty & High Performance Lubricants this. I have put a bottle of 155ml in every tank for the last 10 tanks or so. It cleans as well as lubricates, and my `99 E320 CDI with 140.000, which a couple of months ago had to have a new injector with another one on its way out, it was running and sounding rough, now runs smooth as anything, is really quiet and pulls like a train.
There is a lot of skepticism out there about these cleaners, and quite rightly so. The products available at Halfords I do think are questionable, but if you go for professional products, you can even buy the Forte cleaners which were only available to garages up til recently, and use them regularly, I do believe they can help keep your engine running smooth with less repair bills.

Have a read, it really is quite interesting and might help clear some things up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom