Fuji X100 Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
Hi guys

Anyone had a chance to get some real life use of one of these ?

I'm used to SLRs like 450D, D60, D5000 but gave it all up a while back to due to carrying all the equipment (not great at themeparks).

Currently using an Olympus XZ-1.

Thanks

Chris

Just been looking at these. Very tempted to buy one though the odd fixed focal length does worry me how much use it'll really get.

Ideally want a 24-120mm (35mm) manual zoom with electronic viewfinder but can't seem to find anything that fits the bill.

I've been using an NEX 5N since last year.

The new NEX 6 might fit what you are looking for ?

I tried an NEX 6 today but I can't bring myself to buy another Sony camera! It didn't sit well in my hand anyway.

I'm really sold on the feel and ergonomics of the X100 just not the prime lens choice. The X10 is a bit small but has a reasonable zoom with fast aperture - just a shame they haven't got something in-between!

Oh - and the deal-breaker on the X10 was the viewfinder. Too small and no info displayed in it. You can't (or so it seemed) turn off the LCD screen whilst using it either.

Don't forget the X100 and NEX cameras have large sensors giving you better image quality (for lower light) vs the X10 for example.

I was looking at the X10 for someone else as for £300 it's a bargain really. X100 is more than double that and I've started considering the X-E1 now... :doh:

Unless you want a small size, a small SLR would be better and you will get an optical viewfinder which can not be bettered imo.

Fuji are doing a free lens deal with the X-Pro 1 so it basically comes in at the same cost as the X-E1 + an extra lens. £1600 is an awful lot of money for a compact though.

You're right an SLR would do the job - or probably a bridge camera but I was hoping to keep the compact rangefinder style with just a bit more flexibility. I can borrow a friends EOS-1D and all the bits if I feel the urge - this is something for weekends away etc.

Unless you want a small size, a small SLR would be better and you will get an optical viewfinder which can not be bettered imo.

Optical viewfinders in low to mid end DSLRs tend to be poor IME.

Moving mirrors in traditional DSLRs also introduce additional vibration.

Ordered the X100 so we'll see :)

Well as nice as the X100 was I sent it back and have ordered the X-Pro 1 instead. If you can live with the fixed focal length and slightly fussy focussing it's a great camera - low light performance is brilliant. Loved the OVF/EVF which put the EX-1 out of the equation (the EX-1 is also quite light it making it lens heavy which I don't like) so decision made for me :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom