Fujifilm Finepix S4000 - views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
Thinking of getting a new camera.

We're not good parents when it comes to photos and videos - we only ever use phones to capture the moment and so our camera and camcorder are probably due for replacement by now.

Fujifilm Finepix S4000 seems remarkable value and a reasonable balance between amateueur point 'n shoot and decent kit.

Any thoughts, either on this camera or others worthy of consideration?

Fujifilm Finepix S4000 - P10NC03940A - Jessops - Digital Compact Cameras

No. No, no, no. No. Please, no. No. No? No. NOT Jessops, please! No!

The camera looks great, it will do everything you'll probably want, and looks sturdy. I've never used Fujifilm but recently they've been gone from cheap-ish cameras to proper good quality ones.

But Jessops? I'll spare you my 24 page rant on them, their dodgy pay-later scheme, solicitors and Barclays. And the slightly shorter one on losing several rolls of film I sent in. And on staff not knowing what their own products are in-store. And I'll spare you details on their relatively recent dodgy financial situation (warranties...)

No don't worry, I won't buy from Jessops - they're twice the price of most other places!!

No. No, no, no. No. Please, no. No. No? No. NOT Jessops, please! No!

The camera looks great, it will do everything you'll probably want, and looks sturdy. I've never used Fujifilm but recently they've been gone from cheap-ish cameras to proper good quality ones.

But Jessops? I'll spare you my 24 page rant on them, their dodgy pay-later scheme, solicitors and Barclays. And the slightly shorter one on losing several rolls of film I sent in. And on staff not knowing what their own products are in-store. And I'll spare you details on their relatively recent dodgy financial situation (warranties...)

That'll teach you for buying a Kodak Instamatic on hire purchase...

Hello

I have had a fuji 6500fd for over 4 years its been brilliant, droped, sand in it, under pram on ever trip, etc etc

I've just literally bought a fuji HS20 form the Fuji site, check the site itself as there are codes out there for 20% off and you can get a refurb that comes with 1yrs warranty and from all accounts as good as new.

As I say I've been so happy with mine and the way its survived a little one using it / dropping it....thats why I went for a new one

That'll teach you for buying a Kodak Instamatic on hire purchase...

That was one of the first 12mp digital SLRs actually, made by Sony, which cost a fortune!

Elsewhere S4000 is half the price of Jessops, but the HS20 isn't that much cheaper than the Jessops price, so in real terms the HS20 is fair bit more expensive.

But, with 20% off as it might be a different story!! Any chance you can PM me the code please?

here you go

My HS20 was £185 with a code I got from hotdeals.co.uk

I've yes to try it s its a birthday present to me :)

SLR Style - Refurbished cameras | The Fuji Shop

However 30X zoom and all the features for that price sounds good

As above - never use Jessops. Warehouse Express is one of the best - I checked their site for the same camera - £169 as opposed to £300

finepix s4000 - Search Results - wex photographic - it's on back order but these guys are professionals, so it's not vapourware & I would guess at a few days delay

I have bought much from them - never disappointed

PM sent...

some pics taken with my 4.5year old Fuji 6500fd which I guess the new ones should be even better.

IMAG3123.jpg

DSCF4786.jpg

DSCF9713.jpg

DSCF9181.jpg

DSCF1299.jpg

These are also straight off the camera no Photoshop or similar. Pleased with them myself.

Looks like a decent camera and at least they make lenses too.

I quite like the Pansonic Lumix range, we have the older model of this:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45 Digital Camera in Black - DMC-FZ45EB-K - Jessops - Digital Compact Cameras

Ours is an FZ38 (from memory) - fantastic camera. Like yourself we've not been great with taking pictures & videos of the kids - typically also using phone cameras or a standard digital compact.

Since we've had our Lumix we've been taking more pictures of them and capturing nice moments, first day of school etc...

Scott - Got your PM, thanks ;)

Naj - That looks blooming good too. Reassuring you've taken more photos -will hopefully have same affect on us too :thumb:

^ No probs

I bought our first one when our first baby was born and chose it at the time as it had this face detection setting.

Basically it sets or the settings itself so not to getting any red eye and produces very good pictures. They probably all do it now..

I also like the fact it uses AA batterys and use rechargable 2900miliamp ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom