Full camera change for a blind spot error?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GibsonSG

Car
mercedes glc 250d
Hi can anyone advise?
I have a Blind Spot Inoperable error message each time I drive my GLC 250d. Sometimes Active Lane Assist warning also but much less common. Accredited Garage reckons its the main board attached to the camera system that's at fault.
£1100 for new camera unit as it comes complete only. Anybody have a clue as to the validity of this claim? Thanks for any help!

It does come complete only, and is involved in all of those functions. Whether they have diagnosed it correctly is impossible to tell. It also needs special alignment tool to set it up. I'd suggest getting a used camera lots on eBay, if you take the plastic cover off behind the mirror you should be able to see the part number - but it will need to be configured / calibrated.

Richard

It does come complete only, and is involved in all of those functions. Whether they have diagnosed it correctly is impossible to tell. It also needs special alignment tool to set it up. I'd suggest getting a used camera lots on eBay, if you take the plastic cover off behind the mirror you should be able to see the part number - but it will need to be configured / calibrated.

Richard
Thanks Richard, sets my mind a bit more at ease! I will take to MB and get them to confirm now I know that it is indeed a possible fault.

Is the discussion about the front facing camera at the windscreen? Blind spot assist works with two radar sensors, why would blind spot assist be fixed by fixing a camera? I understand the lane keeping assist issue possibly being related to the front camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom