Full IPE fitted at MSL (where else?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Can't thanks Acid and the guys at MSL enough.

I've been considering the IPE headers for a week or two now after having the IPE rear sections fitted a month ago. So Acid and I had a call yesterday afternoon and before I knew it, the full system had been fitted and my car is back here on my drive sounding absolutely terrific, I mean mindblowingly good.

The whole process was managed by Acid in his usual accommodating manner. I dropped my car at his family home late last night and he let me borrow the MSL weistec C63 as a courtesy car. Today he drove mine to work, his guys fitted the headers and I collected at 5pm. Job done.

For anyone who has a C63 and they are pondering doing this mod then I can only urge you to pick up the phone and order asap! The rear sections are nice with the noise level being similar to stock but more 'exotic' than OEM. LeeC63 told me that adding the headers would be 5 times louder and I had doubts but wow, I mean wow !! I'm an accountant by trade and quite unmoved by things generally but I am genuinely blown away by this exhaust. With valves closed it sounds very similar to E92 M3 but with the raspiness of the E46 M3, but with valves open its just amazing, brutal, intoxicating, laugh out loud good !!! :D:D:D
Then you can also set to 'auto' where the valves are closed until you depress the accelerator beyond a certain point (has to be right down) and then booooom, the valves open and the noise explodes.

Totally infatuated :bannana::bannana:

epic mod - lets hear her !!!

Customer service from MSL again 1st rate it seems

You will turn heads now, sounds awesome just cruising but like you say when the revs climb it's brutal......
What's next on the list I wonder......
Dare I mention the fabled words.....weistec?

I think Acid has planted the seed for the next trip after lending the MSL 63 company car:devil:

Sound clip please.

Tony.

Seen the vid , love it! Was there any droning on the way back home Scott?

I had a Milltek gen 1 on a E46 M3 and have experienced drone from that quite badly. I played around with different settings at different speeds all the way home (as you can imagine) and didn't get any drone at all :thumb:

I had an Akra on my last E92 M3 and, despite that being the holy grail of exhausts, it doesn't compare to IPE on C63! Can't wait to drive to work and that's saying something :D

Seen the vid , love it! Was there any droning on the way back home Scott?

Where did you see the vid mate. I wish I knew how to upload a video. I tried last night but no joy :doh:

You will turn heads now, sounds awesome just cruising but like you say when the revs climb it's brutal......
What's next on the list I wonder......
Dare I mention the fabled words.....weistec?

Thanks for your advice mate. Cant believe how good it sounds. I'm not the sort for seeking attention. Stupidly loud would not work for me but this is LOUD in a really exotically brutal sort of way. Expensively loud (is that possible, I don't know but seems appropriate :D)

Not my cup of tea. I don't care for the harsh, ugly, tearing sound of modern high-performance cars; I prefer a much deeper sound. It's like the difference between a Ducati and a rice rocket, I suppose. Each to his own...

Not my cup of tea. I don't care for the harsh, ugly, tearing sound of modern high-performance cars; I prefer a much deeper sound. It's like the difference between a Ducati and a rice rocket, I suppose. Each to his own...

You can't get much deeper than the IPE with valves open ??

I'd go for an ear test if I were you :D

Do you have to have it with the Brummy accent? :)

You'll have to have a listen to mine now that it has it's new system Scott. ;) Not as loud as yours, but pretty deep and growly...

Mine are still bleeding from yesterday's dyno session. :mad:

It was a good session though

Did you go for the weistec downpipes ? They look very mean if it was you :thumb: what power gains did your car make ? Are you pleased ?

Yes, they were mine. A horrible job to fit as so little space, but pleased with them now. :)

Thread running HERE about them with a few of my initial thoughts.

You can't get much deeper than the IPE with valves open ??

I'd go for an ear test if I were you :D

Did you listen to what is on the video? And you think that's deep? :fail Listen again...

I can't say what it sounds like at higher revs, but what's on the video is an ugly rasping sound. Each to his own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom