Fully loaded? I don't think so

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
?? 2005 55 REG MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS 5.4 E55K AMG 500 BHP ?? | eBay

Looks nice from the pics, albeit pretty high miles for a 55plate. But then looking further into the options, why do dealers insist on saying "fully loaded" and "high specification" when clearly it's not ?

This car has only heated and cooled seats, electric sunroof and electric blinds. Hardly fully loaded when you think of the possible optional extras:fail

I think prospective buyers of 55k's, if they have done their homework, are so clued up with what is standard equipment and what are options, these dealers are looking silly.

Ifthat car interested me (not sure I'd buy a car from Bradford either but that's another story) I would take a bit of pleasure letting the dealer know the car is low spec.

"why do dealers insist on saying "fully loaded" and "high specification" when clearly it's not ?"

Because other dealers nearly all do so as well.

I was not clued up on the options and standard kit when I bought my fairly fully unloaded and bog-standard specification 55K estate. I just liked my n/a E55, and thought the 55K would be better; it certainly sounded better from the ad. Boy, is it ever; particularly in the loud pedal department...

Last edited:
Bigger crime is the HDR shots, they never look good.

COMAND
Pano Roof
Different Alloys (maybe)

There is £3000 straight away.

Been browsing 221s lately, the amount of "fully loaded" examples that don't even have memory seats is priceless.

Also luxury climate and rear climate.

To be fair, that is a pretty high spec car as they come.

To be honest I completly disagree, when i bought my CLS I had also been looking at E55s and to be fair this one I considered to be one of the highest specced ones I had seen advertised.
The only thing I can see it definetly hasnt got is a rear blind which I would expect procludes it from having the rear side door blinds, also it might not have keyless go or heated rear seats either, but it does have the two rarest options that I found Distronic and the Pano roof.
I did at one point seriously consider this car purely on its spec. what did put me off was the mileage in relation to the price and it has gone down 2k I think in the time I was looking (mid to late december).

I don't know if the dealer has revised the advert, or if I need to go to Specsaers - but I can't find the phrase "fully loaded" in the advert.

I don't know if the dealer has revised the advert, or if I need to go to Specsaers - but I can't find the phrase "fully loaded" in the advert.

// AUTO DIMMING INTERIOR MIRROR INC ALL OTHER AMG EXTRAS! // FULLY LOADED // FULLY DOCUMENTED MERCEDES DEALERSHIP SERVICE HISTORY WITH SEVERAL VEHICLE MAINTENANCE STAMPS IN THE RECORD BOOK //

Cant really see the issue, it is a very high spec car, hardly classic trim is it :)

Thanks KH. :thumb:

I was looking at the titles not at the long list in the description … :doh:

★★ 2005 55 REG MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS 5.4 E55K AMG 500 BHP ★★
FMBSH ★ GENUINE STUNNING CAR ★ MANY EXTRAS ★ PANO ROOF

Where I saw "many extras" I assumed that the text had been changed. I'm on the phone to Specsavers as I type :wallbash:

Cant really see the issue, it is a very high spec car, hardly classic trim is it :)

Perhaps it should be "fully loaded with the options you'd find useful and not those that aren't and cost you a fortune to fix when they inevitably break".

Have to chuckle when I read dealers advertising modern cars with options like "power steering", "electric windows" and "ABS" :doh:

Useful though when a dealer misses an option. Dealer who sold me my W211 did not spot car had through loading which sold me on the car! He missed the hidden CD changer as well :thumb:

Have to chuckle when I read dealers advertising modern cars with options like "power steering", "electric windows" and "ABS" :doh:

Useful though when a dealer misses an option. Dealer who sold me my W211 did not spot car had through loading which sold me on the car! He missed the hidden CD changer as well :thumb:

Was in the local stealer a couple of days ago and overheard an older couple discussing their next car with the phrase "but this one has power steering!"

seriously, name a car today that doesnt have ps? That aerial atom?

COMAND
Pano Roof
Different Alloys (maybe)

There is £3000 straight away.

Comand I thought is basic equipment in a W211 E55 and those alloys come as standard too. I concede the panoramic roof is an extra option.

To be honest I completly disagree, when i bought my CLS I had also been looking at E55s and to be fair this one I considered to be one of the highest specced ones I had seen advertised.

There is a lot missing from what I would class as fully loaded Andy.

Keyless Go, Parktronic, TV, Distronic, Linguatronic, Memory and dynamic front seats, Rear blinds to side or rear windows, no rear heated or cooled seats, self closing boot or fridge.

I didn't spot the cooled front seats on first look of the advert, so I will concede its a reasonable spec, but no way fully loaded with the above items missing.

The dealer of course could have missed some items from the list and with the price reduction it now appears a fairly priced car. The miles put me off though. over 120k would be my stopping point.:D

"Fully loaded" is not a reference to the car specification but rather what your wallet needs to be to run one...

:D

There is a lot missing from what I would class as fully loaded Andy.

Keyless Go, Parktronic, TV, Distronic, Linguatronic, Memory and dynamic front seats, Rear blinds to side or rear windows, no rear heated or cooled seats, self closing boot or fridge.

I didn't spot the cooled front seats on first look of the advert, so I will concede its a reasonable spec, but no way fully loaded with the above items missing.

The dealer of course could have missed some items from the list and with the price reduction it now appears a fairly priced car. The miles put me off though. over 120k would be my stopping point.:D

Without meaning to sound pedantic but,
It does have Parktronic, Distronic, Linguatronic, Memory, massage/dynamic seats and Harmon Kardon sounds (all can be seen in the pics).
TV, rear heated seats, self closing boot, can,t be seen whether it has or hasn't.
Don,t think rear cooled seats were ever an option.
Refrigerated function in the centre arm rest I believe this was standard, unless you mean the fridge in the boot this I believe was classed as an accessory rather than factory fit (I could be wrong).
But agree regarding mileage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom