Fumes Smell W251 /R320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
For the past month or so Ive though 'Hmm I am sure I can smell a slight exhaust / fumes in the cockpit' but have been 50:50. Now I definitely think I can. Its a 2007 R320, any obviously places I should check and if so what should I look for? Ta Louis

All exhaust joints, inc manifold.

Boot seal, (drawing fumes in)

Fuel tank breather pipes.

If it’s a Diesel it may be that one of the injector seals has gone and there’s diesel leaking back past it. Needs dealing with promptly.

Could be a leaking faulty injector. i had that on a previous (non MB) car although the garage missed 3 times. The clue was a staining on the bonnet sound deadening.

If it’s a Diesel it may be that one of the injector seals has gone and there’s diesel leaking back past it. Needs dealing with promptly.

Oh god yes it's an injector. Be straight down the garage Monday.

Massive Thanks
Louis

Recently Ive been getting a beep and a warning to check the oil level. Could that be related somehow? The oil level is close to the max and hasn't dropped since servicing about 12 months / 5,000 miles back?

Ta
Louis

Recently Ive been getting a beep and a warning to check the oil level. Could that be related somehow? The oil level is close to the max and hasn't dropped since servicing about 12 months / 5,000 miles back?

Ta
Louis

Wonder if you could be getting diesel in the engine oil, hence maybe sump volume increasing! Get it checked at at same time , make sure the garage is advised. If you are checking level with the oil cold it is likely too high when engine is warm, at least that would be my guess, too much oil in your engine not good at all. However it is possible your engine is not using very much if any oil., I hardly noticed any reduction in oil level over 5000 miles in my V6 diesel. Hopefully another more technically skilled member will comment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom