Funny badging on CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
On the bus just now I saw a shiny black CLS that was badged:

CLS 320 CGI

We were right next to it, and that's definitely what it said.

I wonder if it was really there?! :D

(CGI)

Yes thats right. Its the new MB injection system ifor the engine.
Cant remember what its stands for though

You're right it was probably 350 - it was the right hand side of the car (with the CGI badge) that was nearest to me.

Yup, EVO magzine have a 350 CGI as one of their long term testers. They don't half shift too.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for Mercedes. So far no-one has made it work either reliably or with low emissions.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for Mercedes. So far no-one has made it work either reliably or with low emissions.

Isn't it similar to GDI / FSI type direct injection? I had a GDI Volvo (mitsubishi engine) and ran Carisma GDIs on fleet for a while, very very economical especially when cruising.

There's a thread on honestjohn at the moment about these engines that agrees with that.

I had Peugeot's version (HPi) on a company car and ran it with an uncurable misfire and the engine light on for 18mths. We had 2 at work - the other one was worse than mine and Peugeot paid off the leasing company to take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom