funny feeling/ thoughts/ e55 ownership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
Now 45 years old but since I have got the E55 I feel like I'm back in my 20's spending all the time thinking about my car (back then had a passion for Porsche 928,s, lotus Carlton's etc.) I'm constantly thinking about getting things done.. small jobs, maybe mod's and have now just gone mad buying all the car cleaning products under the sun including a 1st time purchase of an electric polisher.... now I think I can get away with it because my 9 year old son loves the car and because my wife will be main user.. local shopping trips etc... maybe 20 miles per week.... but I think iI need to clamp down on this kind of behaviour..... but honestly the simple thrill of putting my foot down and hearing the roar.... its pretty hard to stop..... thankfully I have clean licence and that's down to the fact that I update speed camera notifications on my sat nav every month....as an added negative the only time I want to 'blow' other tail gaiters away are when I'm in my 1.4 Skoda.... never happens when I'm driving he E55!!!!:doh: I suppose some could see this as mid life crisis?! is this just me??!!

I'm driving an E55! I suppose some could see this as mid life crisis?! is this just me??!!

Not at all, 3 months after buying my CLS, I saw a black E55 that lives locally - and thought if I could find one, would I change so soon? In fact only 'er indoors would stop me, not that we've discussed it of course. I would enjoy owning any proper AMG. I have already bought all sorts of cleaning products that I use on the CLS, so an E55 would never be out of my thoughts, and I'm nearer 70 than I care to think about!

Wonderful car, don't see enough of them about.

Yes.... Thanks... Just needed one person to back me up/ agree with me....i am sane

I certainly remember after putting down a deposit after 'playing the game' as long as I could - the excitement build up to finally going in and handing over the readies and the first few months of commuting to work and back.

Reminded me a bit of my first car and successive 'memorable cars' I've had - of which there had been a gap of 6 years since my last memorable car...

I suppose some could see this as mid life crisis?! is this just me??!!

:Dyes:D had the same crisis, however it works wonders, this afternoon did a Wide Open Throttle, I was laughing like a teenager, so it works.

Giggle dyno thats what counts.

Lol

Sent from my Apple Mobile Device using MBClub UK

Kalvin, totally agree mate, the car either puts a grin on my face when i floor it, or scares the cr&p out of me, either way, its a whole lot of fun, even after nearly 4 years of owning it, i still feel it has a mind of its own and i still havent fully grasped her!

I agree with Alps...its the only car I have owned that really scares me when I floor it...bear in mind I only do this when I have clear traffic of at least 1/2 mile ahead lol when I take people for a power run they just cant stop laughing, not sure if this is with 'fear' but I wondered if you other guys have had the same experiences with your passengers...

Seriously great car...and great prices now...after the recent Eurocharged day at MSL I can only think of the new 63 twin turbo as being a replacement...

I agree with Alps...its the only car I have owned that really scares me when I floor it...bear in mind I only do this when I have clear traffic of at least 1/2 mile ahead lol when I take people for a power run they just cant stop laughing, not sure if this is with 'fear' but I wondered if you other guys have had the same experiences with your passengers...

My wife just screamed and shouted a few profanities in my direction I hadn't heard in a long time:eek:

A friend who owns an M3 was very impressed and reckons in a straight line the E55 is far quicker.

My wife just screamed and shouted a few profanities in my direction I hadn't heard in a long time:eek:

A friend who owns an M3 was very impressed and reckons in a straight line the E55 is far quicker.

Reckons?

I love mine, and yet I have had it up for sale for nearly a month. No takers except dumb offers.

I'm minded to keep it now - no point letting it go for buttons. That roar when it tears away from the lights is to be savoured....

I love mine, and yet I have had it up for sale for nearly a month. No takers except dumb offers.

I'm minded to keep it now - no point letting it go for buttons. That roar when it tears away from the lights is to be savoured....

Yours is a fine example and I'm surprised nobody has bought it yet. The problem is, V8 fuel guzzlers are not in fashion in these frugal times and its a buyers market these days.

I bet when this current recession does lift, big engined fuel drinking cars will again see a rise in price.

My 19 month old girl hates it... Shes all sedate.... When floored she screams... Dont know if its the gforce or the exhaust... Bit wrong i know at least she will behave!!

Sent from my Apple Mobile Device using MBClub UK

I bought my e55 when I was 30. 4 years later, I still love it. 2nd acceleration is mind numbing!

I think for the amount they are worth, you'd be hard pushed to find something to equal or better one.

I've never been in one, it's that sound of sheer power that makes me smile, i was over looking south carriage drive in Hyde park a few years ago when a Lambo took off from the lights, i swear he must have been doing about 90 + in what seemed like 4 or 5 seconds, that put a big cheesy grin on my face for several minutes and i am 67 years young, keep it up guys it's too late when yer bit's n bob's don't work any more :thumb:

Myth,

I like your time quote, I often discuss time and time perception with my wife, in that my perception is that time moves much faster for me than for our 10 year old son, based upon me having more "past" time to conceive....

Time certainly does past by too fast....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom