Funny neighbour and car tax .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
So my elderly neighbour bought himself a 68 plate bmw 3 series estate , asks me how much I pay road tax on my 17 plate e350 , £145 a year I think , why . ?

Well your merc couldn't of cost 40k plus when new then , I'm paying £480 . He says .

I looked into this and the date was April 2017 when this tax charge was introduced to cars registered after this date , my e350 was registered in March 2017 , so I just missed out .

Enjoy paying £480 for the next 2 years aswell. Mr.bmw ....

Ha ha . Love folks who try to out do merc owners and fail.

There's always one

Must be a well spec`d 3 series if it exceeded the £40k bracket to attract the luxury "tax".

If it was the 340i wagon it certainly would "out do" your oil burner from the lights no problem.

K

Must be a well spec`d 3 series if it exceeded the £40k bracket to attract the luxury "tax".

If it was the 340i wagon it certainly would "out do" your oil burner from the lights no problem.

K
Its a 2.0d x drive . As for spec , its not a patch on my oil burner ...

So my elderly neighbour bought himself a 68 plate bmw 3 series estate , asks me how much I pay road tax on my 17 plate e350 , £145 a year I think , why . ?

Well your merc couldn't of cost 40k plus when new then , I'm paying £480 . He says .

I looked into this and the date was April 2017 when this tax charge was introduced to cars registered after this date , my e350 was registered in March 2017 , so I just missed out .

I was aware of the tax burden when looking for a well specified 2 year old Mercedes that would have been £40K + when new. It was easy to get carried away with something well specified & a good price until the tax burden was checked. Many adverts. did advise you of this but easily overlooked. I finished up with a well priced low mileage used car with everything I needed that was £38k new, thus cheap tax & not being a stupidly over-sized engine cheap insurance & MPG too.

Its a 2.0d x drive . As for spec , its not a patch on my oil burner ...

No contest then , but someone must have still ticked the options boxes as IIRC the base price for the wagon would have been around £32k in `17.

Maybe he is confusing the high tax relating to a superior vehicle.

K

No contest then , but someone must have still ticked the options boxes as IIRC the base price for the wagon would have been around £32k in `17.

Maybe he is confusing the high tax relating to a superior vehicle.

K
Wouldn't of taken much to tick to take it over 40k . Given dealer prices on bits n pieces.

You gotta pay to play. My CLS55 AMG costs twice as much in VED as insurance.

That's another sore point , he's now paying more to insure the bmw at 73 than I am insuring the e350 with 6 points 😀 😄.

I did the same thing, My car was registered in March 17 and I only took delivery in late April to benefit from the lower tax. £240/annum.

I would like to know who’s giving you insurance for £145 on a E350cdi cdi on a 2017 plate with as you say 6 points on your license. I suspect the fairies.

I would like to know who’s giving you insurance for £145 on a E350cdi cdi on a 2017 plate with as you say 6 points on your license. I suspect the fairies.
Someone has been at the wacky baccy.....His road tax is 145-00...... :)

I'm not sure it's your neighbour that is being funny.
Oh he was , trying to say my merc wasn't in the 40k bracket from new because my tax wasn't nigh on £500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom