Funny thing, this car insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
So I ring my insurance company to change car details.

To: 2010 E63 - 525ps

£9.00 per month increase :thumb:

Last edited:
Ssshh!!! They've farked up.

Ssshh!!! They've farked up.

Course they haven't, his premium was loaded with about a 30% loading due to the Brabus chip.
He's gone from a modified car to an unmodified one, is a year older and still sees a price rise of £108 per year.

Course they haven't, his premium was loaded with about a 30% loading due to the Brabus chip.
He's gone from a modified car to an unmodified one, is a year older and still sees a price rise of £108 per year.

Yup - the value of an additional tank of fuel to drive The Beast for 365 days.

Echo that.

My £3k modified MX5 was ~£500. Now the £37k SLK is ~£300.

From a risk perspective, you are probably no more likely to have an accident in the new car - the new premium just reflects the additional cost of fixing it. A Brabus box will have cost you 10% more (insurance companies tend to see that as a Mercedes approved add-on so the premium increase is less than a re-map). But I agree, I would have expected to pay a lot more on premium for your new beastie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom