Fuse Box (boot/trunk)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fairynuff

Car
Merceded SLC Final Edition
We have a new (March 2020) Mercedes SLC Final Edition. I want to fit (hardwire) a DashCam (which I have done 5 times on 5 previous (non Mercedes) cars. It looks like there are no fuses in the cabin (to tap into). Page 281 of the manual suggests that there is a fuse box in the boot and talks about pulling down the "rear partition" displaying a poor picture. I have pulled my fingernails out trying to pull down the rear section of the boot with zero movement. I got a claw hammer in the and it felt like I was tearing it apart. Where is that fuse box - how do I get at it???

I called MB and they refuse to tell me !!!

Thereis a fusebox which has everything you need on the drivers side under the bonnet just by the windscreen scuttle.

We have a new (March 2020) Mercedes SLC Final Edition. I want to fit (hardwire) a DashCam (which I have done 5 times on 5 previous (non Mercedes) cars. It looks like there are no fuses in the cabin (to tap into). Page 281 of the manual suggests that there is a fuse box in the boot and talks about pulling down the "rear partition" displaying a poor picture. I have pulled my fingernails out trying to pull down the rear section of the boot with zero movement. I got a claw hammer in the and it felt like I was tearing it apart. Where is that fuse box - how do I get at it???

I called MB and they refuse to tell me !!!
Hi, if you go onto youtube and type in fuse box location slc,it will show you. If your claw hammer is an Estwing 20 ounce I would be interested in purchasing it as a spare and to help your resale value!!!

Thereis a fusebox which has everything you need on the drivers side under the bonnet just by the windscreen scuttle.
Thanks I did know that but can find an easy way to get the Cam wires from inside the cabin to inside the engine bay

Hi, if you go onto youtube and type in fuse box location slc, it will show you.
Thanks, I have searched youtube and I couldn't find anything, if you have a link I'd be grateful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the youtube link . . . with regards to the core issue here (how to get at the fuse box) the youtube clip replicates what is in the manual. . . . I can (with difficulty) get my fingers on top or at the sides of that partition but it does not move; the blue downward pointing arrows appear to indicate that it folds down but it doesn't move.

Attachments

• SLC_FB.JPG
    SLC_FB.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
Th bottom of the fusebox under the bonnet normally exits into the cabin on that generation Mercedes.
R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom