fuse box cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Ive been thinking about this for a while now and haven't got very far.Im wondering why there isn't a cover on this side, but there is one on the otherside.Is there supposed to be one or not?Any ideas.
Query 1.jpg

Would it not depend on model or model year as mine doesn't have a cover on either side.

Engine%20bay%20170902.jpg

Either that or I am missing a cover.

My E-Class is exactly the same. I havent got leads to connect my box browny up so cant post a picture.

The cover is not available for post 1997 (facelift) w202s.

I bought one for mine (used Koolvin's VIN number) and it kinda-sorta fits, you have to pull some of the trim up to clip it in place (minor updates to facelift models perhaps). Under Koolvin's cover there is exposed stuff though, facelift cars have this covered individually.

I also ordered the one for the other side (from a LHD car) but found that it is a mirror of the RHD cover, the engine bay is not symmetrical so it doesn't fit at all!

Get this: the RHD cover is about £3, the LHD cover is about £2.50. Typical car companies scr*wing us because we drive on the left rather than the right! :(

If anyone wants either cover then let me know :)

Thanx for the replys everyone.After some thought I actually decided to have a go at making one out of black plasticard and a tube of glue.(ex blue peter fan).doesn't look out of place either.One problem though I was going to cover it with carbon fibre film and at the same time do the other side as well.I wish I checked the price first £25 per 50cm x 50cm sheet,I need 2 sheets.Far to much!Has anyone got any ideas before I thow it in the bin as a bad idea.

Have you got a part No for that shude, or is it one of them rare things the dealers actually know what your talking about?

Well after some messing around i came up with this idea it does work.I shall see if I can get used to the idea of having something there now.

fuse box cover.jpg

nice! your engine bay looks really trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom