Fuse location.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donr

Car
C220 cdi (W203) Estate sport and W639 3cdi Viano ambience 2008
I have a W638 (V220 cdi) and a fuse seems to have blown, covering the windscreen wipers, and the indicators. I have hunted for a fuse that looks as though it is blown, but cannot find one. I have looked in the compartment above the front passenger foot-well, and also behind the removable cover at the side of the front passenger seat. Does anybody have an idea where the fuse is that covers the wipers and indicators please. ? ( I bought the vehicle second hand with no handbook.) Any help would be much appreciated, it is a bit hairy driving around with no indicators, especially when dealing with French drivers

Hello Markjay,
I am sure your diagnosis is correct. I had a thought to try the hazard warning lights, and there is no problem with them, which does seem to isolate the problem to the relay shown on the diagram you sent. The problem I now have, is that I can't find the relay- which the diagram appears to show being plugged into the fuse mounting block. I am assuming from the diagram, that the fuse mounting block is the one behind the flap-opening adjacent to the passenger foot-well, but there is no relay on that on my vehicle. The vehicle shown on the diagram is a LHD so could this make a difference ? (I can't see anything on the other side of my vehicle !) I have seen the relay for sale on the internet, but it is no use to me unless I can find out where to fit it ! I appreciate your help.

This problem is now solved. I found the location of more fuses, behind a panel on the steering column. The fault was a blown fuse, as I originally thought, my problem was I didn't know this fuse was there in that position ! It seems strange to have these fuses there when there are so many others in different locations. Thanks for helpful contributions.

Mark you couldnt sort me out with a fuse locatiomn diagram for a 639 could you be. Ever so greatfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom