Fuse to use for dashcam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chili

Car
cla220 cdi amg sport
Hi new to the forum and new to owning a mercedes, traded in my insignia for a cla220 cdi amg sport, last week so still learning the basics of the mercedes.
I want to hard wire my dash cam i was expecting some fuses on the end of the dash but there are none other than the engine bay the nearest i can see in the manual are in the passenger footwell, i am looking for a switched supply
and after confirmation that fuse 72 would be the way to go its a 25amp listed as "Front cigarette lighter with ashtray illumination,Vehicle interior power outlet"
thanks

That should be fine but make sure you put an inline fuse in your cable to the dashcam as near the takeoff point as possible.
Fwiw I used a Garmin obd supply for simplicity.

You can buy another cigarette plug with attached wires from eBay and wire this behind the dash to the existing 12v ciggy wiring . This allows you to plug your uncut and correctly fused dashcam cable into it .

That should be fine but make sure you put an inline fuse in your cable to the dashcam as near the takeoff point as possible.
Fwiw I used a Garmin obd supply for simplicity.
cheers i have the nextbase hardwire kit, does that obd thing you use allow you to connect apps ie torque?

Now just been and had a look in my fuse box and there does seem to be an awful lot of empty slots in it, would it be safe to add fuses to the empty spaces for example 65 glove box light is missing bit of an odd one.

Now just been and had a look in my fuse box and there does seem to be an awful lot of empty slots in it, would it be safe to add fuses to the empty spaces for example 65 glove box light is missing bit of an odd one.
That’s not ignition live .
What about my previous tried and tested method ? :)

To be honest i like to use other dongles for torque etc so your method would probably irritate my ocd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom