FYI - for Road Angel users ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Picked this up on Pistonheads - posted today ....

FOR ROAD ANGEL USER +POSSIBLY OTHER SAT SYASTEMS

Posted by pesty

Around my area there is a type of mobile van that uses fixed sites I wrote to RA to see if these sites are covered here is my poorly written question and their reply....

Hello,

I have a road angel and I am extremely pleased with it. I have a
question in my area they are using more and more mobile vans! these vans plug into posts and wires already fitted under the tarmac and the locations are suposedly published according to the camera partnership website.

Do you add these type of "mobile" locations to your database. I live in shropshire I see them all the time!

Regards

Phil

Dear Phil

These locations are called DS2 sites. We are currently collating this database and will be releasing it soon.

Regards

So there you have it they will be on there soon

I drove into Central London last night, parked in Covent Garden and the road angel was beeping all the time, just shows how many speed cameras there are, and it picked up every one and saved me having to look out for them :bannana:

MY Origin B2 picks up these DS2 Sites, I was in Cheshire last weekend and they appeared all over the place, didnt know what they were but was glad of the warning anyway.

I was saved by my B2 on that trip whilst on the M6 as there is a section of roadworks near the Junction with the M62 that is controlled by specs (set at 40mph) rather than conventional GATSO's.

Tan,

Funny you should mention the B2 ... I've just managed to get one for £340!

Arrives Wed.

K

Cool

Where did u get? if you dont mind me asking? I paid £385 in the end as i wanted to get hold if it as soon as it was released.

I am really pleased with it, next on the shopping list is a spare cradle so that i can hardwire one into the SL and use the other to swap between the S-class and the E-class.

I got it off a guy via ebay (but not bought from ebay).

£340 for the unit and £7.50 for paypal payment and next day delivery.

Not bad at all!

But it does mean that my trusty Road Angel is up for sale (sorry Jimmy).

K

If you dont mind me asking, what made you want to change from the Road angel to the B2?

more gadgets, features, flashy lights, things that beep.

No - to be honest - I had an incident in Yorkshire 2 weeks ago where a car behind me, overtook me and crashed head-on into another car coming the other way - all about 2-3 feet from me.

Suffice to say - After I'd seen to them, I called 999 and when they asked where was I .... well .... let's just say I couldn't call a friend and 50/50 was not an option. And the co-ordinates on the RA meant nothing to me (yeah - OK I should have paid attention in shcool).

And that's one of the features of the B2 along with a speed warning above x mpg above the limit for that road.

K

and less bulky too.

Funny you should mention the B2 , i was looking at that yesterday.

I also was looking at the roadpilot. I dunno which one is better. ??

@fuzzer ..... isn't the roadpilot the one with the large(ish) screen and high price tag ? or am I thinking of something else ?

Kinky - ouch - nasty incident . . . surely the emergency services would have been able to decipher the co-ordinates provided by the RA ? But I agree - it would be nice to have the road name too . . . I have Sat Nav for that purpose though - so sticking with my Road Angel.

S.

Originally posted by sym
@fuzzer ..... isn't the roadpilot the one with the large(ish) screen and high price tag ? or am I thinking of something else ?

Yes , its also the one that you can integrate the Bel ( hidden behind your grill )Radar detector into and its got a big backlit touchscreen . Does laser too i think.

IT looks alright , i think i would prefer the B2 tho :)

I've had the Roadpilot for for about 6 months now, to my mind the competition doesn't come close for ease of use, accuracy and features, though I must admit the only other one I actually tried rather than had demos in shops was the Road Angel. It is more expensive but it is worth it

Cheers
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom