G.T.G. Preparations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Well just over a month to go. Never been to any of the G.T.G.'s before so am not really sure what to expect. I just know that it should be fun and informative. So in preparation I have started doing up the "shed". Washed it yesterday and have started T cutting it today. I never realised how bad the body is, a serious re spray is in order. Flushed out the engine yesterday and re filled with GTX. New Air Filter also fitted. Booked the car in for an Engine wash Monday and contacted my fav engine tuners for a check over next Friday. Two tyres, trackrods and trackrod ends ordered, will fit them over the weekend. So...................what is everyone else doing?:)

A quick wash and maybe if I'm really bored the day before a polish will be all I'll be doing!

GTG

Unfortunately (!?!?!?!) I am getting married on the 17th August, so I would be immensely surprised if my intended allowed me to slope off the day before to attend the GTG and leave her with all the stressing and organising - especially with the four sets of parents all descending on us that day!

Hope you all have a great time and that I am able to attend the next one.

(Are you still allowed to play with the boys after you get married? I must admit I haven't yet read the 200 page contract that I am supposed to be signing!!!!!!!)

Guy:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Tough choice to make Gizmo, .......Wedding or Cars?..................... next it will be having to purchase a bigger car for the weekly shopping lol. As for the contract me and my missus have a verbal contract (not worth the paper its written on). She lets me out now and then to play.

Last edited:
NO V CLass - I have grown much attached to my CLK320. If she can fill the boot space (with the back seats down) with shopping then I am giving her too much money ! ! ! :D

Anyway, I haven't even installed my Comand yet so I can't swap it yet. . . . .

Guy

I'm dropping my girlfriend and daughter off in Windsor first - they intend to spend all day there.

I hope to have Zymol'd my car before then, but I'm allowing a full day for that and god knows when I'll find a full day :rolleyes: ... as my g/f reminded me at 7pm last Sunday, after waiting 4 hours for a bike ride whilst I cleaned and conditioned my leather interior :D .

Cheers

Andrew

Meant to say Guy, sorry we won't meet at the GTG - was looking forward to that, but I guess you do have something a little bit more important to attend to :D .

Cheers

Andrew

Originally posted by GDC200
My wife and daughter want to know is Maffs near any shops garden centres or anywhere where they can spend without cars in view?

We're out in the in middle between large shops etc, however there is a place called 'The Bishop Centre' a 10 min walk from my place which has a cafe, and about 35 small shops, including habitat, do it all, and boutiques. Also another garden centre and restaurant about 30min walk into the village.

Sorry Flyer, can't see myself getting shore leave the day before. You never can tell though - might get free for a few hours and if I do I will pop up as it's only an hours drive from here

Hopefully will have my Comand sorted by then too - fingers firmly crossed

Guy

I will be cleaning the car and changing the kids out of their workhouse rags. Oh and I might have a bath.

Re: GTG

Originally posted by Gizmo750

(Are you still allowed to play with the boys after you get married? I must admit I haven't yet read the 200 page contract that I am supposed to be signing!!!!!!!)

Guy:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Guy, did you miss a zero from this?
Mine was a 2000 page contract !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Too right you did !!!!!!!:crazy:
Mind you, mine is into Mercedes as well, so that gives me an excuse.:bannana: :bannana:

Today got the engine steam cleaned, tomorrow pick up track rods and ends, fit them, get two new tyres (humph!!) and wheel alignment. Engine being tuned by MotaTune of Blackpool on Friday (nothing special just a quick checkup). Then its into the interior ( I just dont want these nice guys with newish cars to pour scorn on me lololol)

Originally posted by Gizmo750
NO V CLass - I have grown much attached to my CLK320. If she can fill the boot space (with the back seats down) with shopping then I am giving her too much money ! ! ! :D

Anyway, I haven't even installed my Comand yet so I can't swap it yet. . . . .

Guy

Guy, I took the wife, 2 kids and load of kit to the south of France last year in my CLK without a roof box! As long as you don't use 'hard' cases you can fit a lot in that boot. So, I agree, if she fills it up with shopping, she is spending a fortune.........

Fudger,

I know what you mean. I took the fiancee, and the parents (mine) and food for 50 engagement party guests, and a few presents up to Luton at the weekend. Plenty of room. Only problem was wedging the oldies in the back - they're not as bendy as they used to be

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I will probably give it a quick clean outside and attempt to get rid of the flies graveyard on my bumper and spray the tyres on the way at the last minute like I normally do. Blow on the dash around the M25 try to get rid of the dust.
Any of the Kent Posse Paul, Grav GDC200 wanna travel around together to save me getting the map out?

Cheers
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom