G-Wagen Needed for TV Appearance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really like Wheeler Dealers, theres nothing else uk based thats similar to it on tv. Agreed the labour charges would certainly make them uneconomical to repair in the real world but at the end of the day, the production company pay the wages and they get a tv programme out of it, no different to any other programme.

i like the both of them, they're a good double act. and i imagine that when the production company find a G wagon, they will offer to pay something for the priveledge, but even if they don't who cares. Any enthusiast would want there car featured in a show like this.

Yes your right, they could have mine for nothing and I would happily throw mike the keys for the test drive to get it on the telly.

I don't have a G Wagen , but wouldnt mind buying the one that Edd China does his magic to once he's finished with it :)

Yes your right,especially as they never add his labour charge into the selling price.

As a final thought whilst the "fat one" is a bit of a joke I have to admit he has some front making offers that would result in most people being show the door.

In the current 'American' series , he bought a 56 Chevy i think , that was up for $13500 for $6000 !!

While he was driving it , doing the voice over , he was saying that he was basically going to go in with a stupid offer.

The engine then caught fire on the drive to the docks and he had to chuck a bottle of water over it. :D

In the current 'American' series , he bought a 56 Chevy i think , that was up for $13500 for $6000 !!

While he was driving it , doing the voice over , he was saying that he was basically going to go in with a stupid offer.

The engine then caught fire on the drive to the docks and he had to chuck a bottle of water over it. :D

Yer I have seen some of the American series and although I am not a fan of the newer US metal I have to say the classic stuff is awesome - Chip Foose and overhauling rocks.

:D

Do you just love it when he says "I'm going to be a bit cheeky and go in with my size 9's..... You know what I'm like.... I'm a wheeler dealer. - classic mike

Although not an American car, the Karmann Ghia VW was pretty awesome too! Always fancied one of those....

bpsorrel said:
Although not an American car, the Karmann Ghia VW was pretty awesome too! Always fancied one of those....

One of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Wheeler Dealers, I generally watch it if it's a car I like though rather than slavishly watching all the episodes.

I get the impression Mike Brewer is playing the part of "stereotypical second hand car dealer geezer" rather than being completely himself.

Nah. That IS Mike being himself...Essex..innit..??!!

I loved the European series when he bought a fiat 500 which died on the way home. The episode with the SL from germany was good too.

http://cummfybanana.com/

Ed speaks to me more than Mrs D does.

Wheeler Dealers rocks!!

Dieselman said:
That's not a Khaman Ghia, it's a VW..K40, I think.

Rear view.....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's based on a K40, but maybe Kamann did do some of those.

This is a normal Kamann Ghia

karmann-ghia.jpg

It's based on a K40, but maybe Kamann did do some of those.

This is a normal Kamann Ghia

karmann-ghia.jpg

Two types of Karmann Ghia, the early curvy type (type 14) and the later rarer razor edge (type 34) i prefer the razor edge myself.

It was the early one on the show. A red one in very nice, virtually rust free state!

Yer I have seen some of the American series and although I am not a fan of the newer US metal I have to say the classic stuff is awesome - Chip Foose and overhauling rocks.

I'm addicted to American Hot Rod at the moment , such a shame Boyd is dead.

No doubt they have a filler plant in the back yard , but the cars they produce are incredible.

How do you sort out the dents on a seventy year old car without filler ?

No doubt they have a filler plant in the back yard , but the cars they produce are incredible.

How do you sort out the dents on a seventy year old car without filler ?

But there's putting a skim of filler on here and there, and then there's them putting it on like plaster over the whole car.

Imagine getting stiffed into some $100k hodrod thing, only to have a giant lump of filler fall off one day when you slam one of the doors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom