G Wagen with Range rover engine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biturbo

Car
S600 BiTurbo, SL60 AMG, Landcrapper Disco, Merc sprinter, E320 D6.
MERCEDES G WAGON | eBay

150k for the conversion?????? Why not but a G65 new instead of paying that for the conversion.

Totally unoriginal mishmash.

1992 converted G-wagen. £50k BIN, £59k screen price...I don't think so :eek:

Take a perfectly good G Wagon, decide you don't like diesel so instead of putting a lovely M117 or M119 in, you put an inferior Range V8...

Foolish.

The seller has excluded himself from the auction luckily "STRICTLY NO TIME WASTERS or DREAMERS!!!"

The engine is a huge liability but it's had workdone on the interior and body, this makes it quite hard to value. You would need to replace the rover V8 and the alloys at the very least but putting a decent Mercedes diesel in could cost you £5-7k. I think Its worth no more than £10k as it stands and even after spending out on a replacement engine it would be worth no more than £12/£13k.

I'd say closer to £8k as it is personally. Hard to value stuff like this though. Some nutter will surely buy it as some nutter built it!

I hear liquid filled tyres are quite good...:rolleyes:

The seller suffers from delusions of grandeur.

£15k Brabus alloys
More like £750 ebay.

Vented G-55 AMG leather
Sure. Except that interior is off W163 ML.

which sounds more like a V12

No and never will be. V8 and V12 have a different firing order.

So you go all out and build a nice car which is a good deed on its own. Why lie?

Last edited:
some might say they had a great 4x4 diesel to begin with. why bother? :dk:

Slow thirsty and not very powerful but fairly straightforward to swap in another younger Mercedes diesel, an 0M603 or a OM606, what possessed them to fit a Rover V8...demented

Look at the cheap running boards!!!

Dreaming IMO at that price!

I like the fact his buy it now price is £50k whereas he is advertising it on Car and Classic at £45k.

Look at the other one he has for sale. :crazy:

LINK

£100k BIN! :eek:

Imagine trying to buy parts for this mish-mash. You'll be searching for part numbers forever:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom