G wagon bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1my

Car
CLS AMG
Hi, i have a 2012 G wagon that im looking to fit AMG bumpers and arches.

I have come across some replica kits that are figreglass and some plastic. Does anyone have experience of fitting the plastic replica kits or any guides to whats involved in carrying out this conversion?

Hopefully someone has done this before and can possibly tell me where they bought the kit from and comment on the fitment of it?

Thanks

When I was restoriing my G wagen, I never found a kit that didnt look cheap to me.

There are several suppliers on ebay but they will all take a skilled bodyshop to fit. How they look will also depend on how well the bodyshop make them fit.
Problem with fibre glass parts is that usually, no two are the same, hence different levels of fettling can be required.

That said, the G is basically a box on wheels and so its about the easiest car there is to fit a bodykit to.

In the end I decided not to bother with the kits. Im not sure I even like the look of the factory AMG kits... Even from factory, the panel gaps and lines just dont look right.

You will find the kits on ebay... needless to say the good quality kits are priced between 2-3K when I last checked.. The better sellers supply with genuine MB hardware even if the kit itself is made in chaiwan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom