**g wagon - deposit paid - what do you all think please?!**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SHAKTER

Car
W124 320TE, W124 300CE, W124 E36 AMG, W210 E240 V6, G Wagon
G Wagon has long been on my wish list and whilst a new G55/G63 would be lovely I simply can't justify the spend! Hence I wanted something that little bit cheaper. I was gutted when I missed out on the silver 'F11 AMG' that I believe went to a member here earlier this year so made the trip to see this one today and fell in love with it!

Dash has already made it clear that it is a tad expensive (and I agree with that!) but any other thoughts from you knowledgeable folk would be most appreciated.

Mercedes-Benz : mercedes G wagon G300 1993

Here is a picture of it in the flesh today.

Attachments

• image-2183033032.jpg
    image-2183033032.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 406
And another.

Attachments

• image-3346475255.jpg
    image-3346475255.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 397
It looks to be in very good condition, which counts for a lot. An itch I doubt I will scratch, but there is something timeless about it. Put a nice 300turbo diesel in it (or a multivalve) and you'd be able to afford to run it too!

Thanks BaldGuy. I just need to find a bracket and spare wheel for the tailgate (the cover is intact and in the boot). And slowly, at some point, swap the 'lookalike' alloys for some G55 rims!

If anyone here knows how/where I can sort out the spare wheel cover let me know!

It looks to be in very good condition, which counts for a lot. An itch I doubt I will scratch, but there is something timeless about it. Put a nice 300turbo diesel in it (or a multivalve) and you'd be able to afford to run it too!

Thanks. Something at the back of my head is telling me to do do an LPG conversion! I am hearing the fuel economy is hideous around town.

Hey that's the G class that was in wheelers and dealers tv show earlier this year! I recognize the facelift they gave it. Should be in good condition I would guess.

Hey that's the G class that was in wheelers and dealers tv show earlier this year! I recognize the facelift they gave it. Should be in good condition I would guess.

You guessed it! That's one of the main reasons I bothered to go and see it, given I knew the work that had been done to the car by Edd China and Paul Bracknel! It's in very good condition. The engine sounded sweet and smoothe, although certainly not the fastest car I've ever driven!

A simple private plate and steering wheel upgrade and you wouldn't know the age from outside....

Totally agreed. I've never been one for personalised plates but think it would enhance the car in this case. The current plate is actually a personalised one (this is not an 'A' reg car) - it's supposed to mean "A 463 (chassis) MGW (Mercedes G Wagon)".

That is a lovely looking 'G'.
Personally I don't think that's a bad price.

Love it :)

This is the Wheeler Dealers car

[YOUTUBE]NMJBONoKhsg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I still think you`re off your head :eek: sorry Cool plate :)

I was waiting to that Dash! By the way someone on the G wagon owners assoc is advising that the splash cover for the dizzy cap is a crucial part here. Ive never known that for the 124s but are they difficult to get hold of?

Why,are they specific for G wagen?Since they share the same engine I would have thought they`ll be the same

Didnt Ed China spend £100+ fixing the centre console trim?

Looks cracking mate... Out of curiosity what is the MPG you are getting so far and how much does a full tank cost...?

been trying to convince the Mrs this would make an ideal family car... :-S

Thought I recognised the reg... yes the wheeler dealers car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom