G-Wiz unsafe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article1764088.ece

What a surprise. In theory it is a quadricycle so never had to pass basic crash tests for normal cars. In reality that makes it a death trap. There are a couple that get parked up near my office in central London and if you think they look naff then in real life it becomes very clear that they are a bad joke.

According to the Department for Transport (DfT), in a test replicating the low speed crash for ‘normal’ vehicles, the driver of the G-Wiz was trapped in the wreckage and suffered “significant head and lower extremities injuries ” while the passenger suffered “lesser, but severe lower extremity injuries”.

They are being sold as small cars so should meet the standards for cars IMO, not get waved through on their "green" credentials.

Last edited:
saving congestion charge is not worth your life.Driving a shed without airbags is just a funeral on the move

G-Wiz unsafe? They should make a 4x4 version... :D

Who designs these cars? Are they blind?
to be fair - it wasn't designed for looks, but to be green :rolleyes: So it runs on electricity - but it can stil be hit by other vehicles so should be as safe a all other modern day cars - and it clearly isn't:(

The G-Wiz is an embarrasment to be called a car, it's slow and has poor range for an electric vehicle.

Here is a better alternative which is also safe having passed crash tests for cars.
It's based on the french axiom car

I like the "£9995, batteries included" banner!

Just seen a news report where they interviewed some toffee nosed journolist in Central London who owns one for geting about in the capital ...

She stated , quite flippantly ' Oh ! I never drive quickly , so it wont affect me ! ' :crazy:

Her time will come .... :)

Just seen a news report where they interviewed some toffee nosed journolist in Central London who owns one for geting about in the capital ...

She stated , quite flippantly ' Oh ! I never drive quickly , so it wont affect me ! ' :crazy:

I saw the interview with the chap who said they had done the research and found the average speed of a g-wizz is 10mph in London, so a 30mph collision is very unlikely.

Not really taking into account hitting a black-smoke-spewing bus doing 20mph in the opposite direction then...

:rolleyes:

We have a few of the road-registered quad bikes around here. I spoke to a guy who was selling his - at first he thought "COOL!" but having bought one, he realised that everyone who saw him was thinking "TO55ER". :crazy:

PS

I was at the scene of an accident where a bus ran into the back of a line of cars a few weeks back.

The rear car was a Micra (it had been stationary).

The distance between the rear number plate and the back of the drivers seat was less than 6".

Lucky there was no one on the back seat.

Unfortunately, there wasn't that much more distance from there to the front number plate and the Volvo Estate the Nissan had been pushed into...

I was at the scene of an accident where a bus ran into the back of a line of cars a few weeks back.

The rear car was a Micra (it had been stationary).

The distance between the rear number plate and the back of the drivers seat was less than 6".

Lucky there was no one on the back seat.

Unfortunately, there wasn't that much more distance from there to the front number plate and the Volvo Estate the Nissan had been pushed into...
They fired an old s-class into some stationary cars on 5th gear a few years ago to simulate a motorway pileup and when the s-class hit the fiat in front of it the fiat's back wheels and front wheels were touching. The s-class needed a bit of filler IIRC... ;)

They fired an old s-class into some stationary cars on 5th gear a few years ago to simulate a motorway pileup and when the s-class hit the fiat in front of it the fiat's back wheels and front wheels were touching. The s-class needed a bit of filler IIRC... ;)

i remember that clearly. the fiat stood no chance.

Wasn't there a 2CV in the mix as well? 'Mix' probably being the operative word...

When she gets hit up the chuff by someone who is, she'll know about it.

to be fair - it wasn't designed for looks, but to be green :rolleyes:

But they're must have been some sort of design team? Nice idea though going green but I couldn't see myself driving that, plus it just isn't safe so NO, I'm not risking my life! :crazy: I feel safe in the merc.

A pal of dads drives a massive Yank thing , a Chevy Surburban or something ... he hit a Micra at the lights on Gillette Corner ...

Wrote the Micra off , and literally ... he just had to straighten his chrome bumper !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom