G3 clay mitt - brilliant product !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will this remove my Gtechniq coating?

Love it. Super easy and leaves car really smooth. Did it about 2 months ago and very impressed.

Yeah well I’m kinda lazy when it comes to clay barring.... but I love this mit. I did the front half of the car one week and the back half a couple of weeks later.
The difference in the paintwork after the G3 was amazing, the paint work was so smooth when I compared the two halves... so worth the £13 from Halfords.

Been using one for the last year or so after a member said how good they were and very happy with the result they really make a difference i try telling my mates but i don't think the one bucket washers are too convinced.

You literally have to get someone to feel there paintwork before, use the mit and feel again to show them their car had the paint surface of a cactus for them to notice the difference which is what i done with my dad. He also thought fallout remover was a gimmick until i turned his car and driveway pink. :D

I have been using the two bucket method with these, making up an extra soapy bucket of water, probably a bit excessive but i like the idea of rinsing it as i go.

I used one on the wife's motor - works very well. Also removed some watermarks on mine.....- I'm careful only to rub backward and forward (also when washing) - not circles the way many people seem to do.

I'm liking the idea of this clay mit, i have some overspray on the roof of my car can i expect that to come off with this mit?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm liking the idea of this clay mit, i have some overspray on the roof of my car can i expect that to come off with this mit?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Apparently that is one of the uses for them....

Just make sure that you give the glass a good clean afterwards to get rid of any debris etc..

I was heading for an interview last week and my drivers wiper farted over the screen (Yellow wear dots).. during the errr.. "preparation", I gave the screen a good mitting dried it off, then using Simoniz glass cleaner ( I use this because it dissolve bugs real easy, great stuff!) cleaned off, then Rain X just in case.. now, remember that farting wiper (at least I think it was that, maybe it was Er'Indoors??o_O ) well, a quick test and... "Baby's Bum" springs to mind.. glides over, no fart, totally clear and real nice for driving in the rain...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Interview was a "Washout" by the way, but I could see clearly both there and back...

I purchased one of these after reading this thread a while back. For the money, real impressed. Getting old nowadays and it really takes the stress out of the elbow grease!

For those that use a mitt as I have not, I have heard of them though. My question is with a clay bar you can fold the crap back onto bar and you have another clean fresh bar to work with and this can be done many times. What do you do with the mitt, how do you get rid of the contaminated surface so your not just spreading it about basically.

For those that use a mitt as I have not, I have heard of them though. My question is with a clay bar you can fold the crap back onto bar and you have another clean fresh bar to work with and this can be done many times. What do you do with the mitt, how do you get rid of the contaminated surface so your not just spreading it about basically.

I just rinse mine in a bucket of car shampoo that I also use as a lubricant.
Great product. I'm too lazy to use a clay bar but I do use this.

Blast mine with the pw after each panel

Might give it a try, spring just around the corner guys

You should, rinsing it in the bucket you’re using as lubrication is just putting it back on the car!

It’s also worth saying to peeps, claying of any kind isn’t worth it unless you’re polishing/correcting after... clay causes marring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom