G3 Clay Mitt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markymerc

Car
C Class Estate AMG Sport
Just used 1 of these G3 clay mitts on my little Corsa to try it out. Christ it's good. 20 minutes to do the whole car. Never found polishing a car so easy. Gonna go to Halfords tomorrow and buy another 3 before the sell out for future use.

I agree, they are good. Leaves the paintwork surface feeling like glass.

Agreed ^^^^ really easy to use.

So easy just use and quick as well. Even the polishing afterwards is so easy and quick..

I may give one of these a go. I polished and waxed the car last week though - If I were to use this mitt, will i have to go through all the effort of polishing and waxing again?!

So that's why when I went to Halfords to get one I couldn't see them, I thought CarPlan made them! Looked for 5 minutes and couldn't find any so ended up with the usual Meg's clay kit.

At least I know for next time!

I bought 3 for the price of 2 today :thumb: unfortunately I do not have time to give the car a good detail for pcs gtg. She will make do with quick wash tomorrow.

If I were to use this mitt, will i have to go through all the effort of polishing and waxing again?!

I'm afraid so. The clay mitt removes all the wax and polish, so another application is needed. Well worth the effort though.

SHAKTER said:
I may give one of these a go. I polished and waxed the car last week though - If I were to use this mitt, will i have to go through all the effort of polishing and waxing again?!

Whole point of clay be it clay bar, mitt or cloth is to remove as much surface embedded contamination before you polish or apply wax/whatever LSP you choose.

Once you've used the mitt polishing and waxing is no effort at all.

I agree, I only ever used clay once and while it was good I couldn't be ****d to use it again. I have done 3 cars with the mitt in the last couple of months, very impressive.

I agree, I only ever used clay once and while it was good I couldn't be ****d to use it again. I have done 3 cars with the mitt in the last couple of months, very impressive.

I bought one of these after seeing a thread on here and on detailing world.

Pleased to keep reading the praise, I haven't had time to try it out yet though :(

Hopefully this weekend...

Used mine at the weekend , brilliant! gets the dead flies off so easy too with out the worry of scratched paintwork & other solvents .

AshC63 said:
Used mine at the weekend , brilliant! gets the dead flies off so easy too with out the worry of scratched paintwork & other solvents .

I'd suggest you use something like Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash or similar and keep the mitt back for once you have removed as much crud during pre wash and washing stages.

I'd suggest you use something like Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash or similar and keep the mitt back for once you have removed as much crud during pre wash and washing stages.

Thanks MCD
Never found a descent insect remover .. Is it that good?
Tbh I only happened to use the mitt prior MSL gtg as I didn't have anything else in the boot but would normally hit it with prewash 2 bucket etc..

It won't strip the bugs clean off but it will certainly soften them up for easier removal, especially if you use warm (not hot!) water when mixing it up.

It's a very versatile product and you can use it inside and outside of the car. I personally wouldn't buy a separate bug remover just that I have the VP in as part of the pre wash routine generally.

For dead bugs, fly's etc I just leave a soaking wet cloth/towel or soaking wet paper towels on them for half an hour and they just wipe off. Simples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom