G63 BullBars from USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you were in Australia and driving at night I can see the point if you were to hit a Kangaroo, but in the UK's crowded roads with kids and pedestrians? What are you thinking?
If you hit anything in a G it would be lights out. LOL

Most cars these days have a Euro crash rating, I bet no manufacturer stick bull bars in them for that test!
Agree. Genuinely it’s more for making the front end look stronger and more aggressive. In a car worth over 150k you are not going to be hitting many things for fun unless you are a mad man

If you were in Australia and driving at night I can see the point if you were to hit a Kangaroo, but in the UK's crowded roads with kids and pedestrians? What are you thinking?

Where I live isn't crowded with kids and pedestrians at all. In fact I'm much more likely to hit a deer (aka Kangaroo) And I have my main dealers advice that it will pass MOT. Whats your problem with that?

If the bars are TUV approved there shouldn't be a problem but I would suggest consulting your insurers firstly..

Where I live isn't crowded with kids and pedestrians at all. In fact I'm much more likely to hit a deer (aka Kangaroo) And I have my main dealers advice that it will pass MOT. Whats your problem with that?
Only problem I have, is they're not needed in 99% of the UK and are not suited to 99% of the UK roads, hence why the manufacturers do not fit them.
But if you know better, who am I to argue.

Yes but so are a lot of things!
But that's no justification..
I'm not trying to dictate what you should do, just clarify what's 'correct', what may impact on your insurance cover. I doubt the Police would pull you over but should the unfortunate happen, questions may (will, if the financial impact is high) be asked

But that's no justification..
I'm not trying to dictate what you should do, just clarify what's 'correct', what may impact on your insurance cover. I doubt the Police would pull you over but should the unfortunate happen, questions may (will, if the financial impact is high) be asked
It would have to be noted as a modification. I was in London the other day and there was one driving around Mayfair with California plates and Bull Bars. Looked Epic

Good advice here........................ Are bull bars legal in the UK?

Fitting an illegal bull bar comes with some serious penalties, especially if you cause injury or death in an accident because of the bull bar. Your insurance company might not accept your claim because you will have an illegal accessory fitted.

Only problem I have, is they're not needed in 99% of the UK and are not suited to 99% of the UK roads, hence why the manufacturers do not fit them.
But if you know better, who am I to argue.

Your comments are totally unsubstantiated without any facts or evidence, just your humble opinion. I disagree and would say 90% and I happen to live in the 10%. Manufacturers don't fit them for this precise reason in the EU, its a commercial decision, keeps the cost down when 90% don't want them. Fair play but I'll spec my car how I want and in this case, within the regs. And the insurance is a red herring, you just need to deal with proper firm, not a mass-market cash machine like Admiral.

Fitting an illegal bull bar comes with some serious penalties, especially if you cause injury or death in an accident because of the bull bar. Your insurance company might not accept your claim because you will have an illegal accessory fitted.

Not sure who wrote that, probably some junior insurance company jockey but its rubbish. There is no law about bull bars, just the MOT regs which leave it to the testers judgement about the risk.

Last edited:
Not sure who wrote that, probably some junior insurance company jockey but its rubbish. There is no law about bull bars, just the MOT regs which leave it to the testers judgement about the risk.
But there is ...
"However, since 25 May 2007, it has been an offence for bull bars that have not been approved as compliant with those safety standards to be sold. Approved devices will carry an indelible ‘e’ mark (eg ‘e1 01 1471’)."
Bull bars

Reactions: LTD
Your comments are totally unsubstantiated without any facts or evidence, just your humble opinion. I disagree and would say 90% and I happen to live in the 10%. Manufacturers don't fit them for this precise reason in the EU, its a commercial decision, keeps the cost down when 90% don't want them. Fair play but I'll spec my car how I want and in this case, within the regs. And the insurance is a red herring, you just need to deal with proper firm, not a mass-market cash machine like Admiral.
What’s the difference between hitting someone in the USA with bull bars and in the UK (with if you did have)? None! It is all paperwork and what regulatory body allows amongst other things. As long as the insurance is aware then it’s all good. The main point is they look great on the G63 and we are missing out as a AMG customer

Again you show your ignorance, there a two links in my post that show the EU law on fitting bull bars that you have ignored. It also states that steel bars are the most dangerous, just the type you want to fit.

What’s the difference between hitting someone in the USA with bull bars and in the UK (with if you did have)? None! It is all paperwork and what regulatory body allows amongst other things. As long as the insurance is aware then it’s all good. The main point is they look great on the G63 and we are missing out as a AMG customer

Did you get all the parts itemised in my post earlier? I'm in Northants to so would be interested to meet up and take look at your stuff and see what's what?

Again you show your ignorance, there a two links in my post that show the EU law on fitting bull bars that you have ignored. It also states that steel bars are the most dangerous, just the type you want to fit.

Mate, unless you're a qualified MOT Tester I don't really care what you think. Its down to the increase in risk, with versus without which isn't material with the 2019 G63 and its low fitted bar. My main dealer will pass it so I don't much care for your keyboard warrior amateur MOT tester, lawyer opinion.

Mate, unless you're a qualified MOT Tester I don't really care what you think. Its down to the increase in risk, with versus without which isn't material with the 2019 G63 and its low fitted bar. My main dealer will pass it so I don't much care for your keyboard warrior amateur MOT tester, lawyer opinion.

Your ignorance is astounding if you think a MOT tester or your main dealer's opinion is worth more than EU law!

Did you get all the parts itemised in my post earlier? I'm in Northants to so would be interested to meet up and take look at your stuff and see what's what?
Yes I have all them parts, however they are with Milton Keynes MB at the moment as a tech there is still trying to get everything to make it work via calls to Austria. Do you have your G63 yet?

Your ignorance is astounding if you think a MOT tester or your main dealer's opinion is worth more than EU law!

Brexit :rolleyes:

Could well be the UK adopts European laws on various areas as they leave so may well still be the case after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom