G65 amg

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
CLS63 AMG
Extreme Mercedes-Benz G-Class AMG model spied testing

The model was spied hot-weather testing and sporting larger air intakes at the front.

Our spy photographer reports that the car sounded 'very powerful'.

Last edited:

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Love it

Cannot believe how good these look after all this time, my dad has a 230GE years and years ago. Bet it still going now built like a tank underneath.

SPX

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
That one
There are certain cars that only Mercedes can get away with and that is one of them.

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
I saw a brand new G Wagen being preped for delivery today at Preston Mercedes. In Black. Yes please.

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC 250D AMG Line, Yamaha XVS 1100, Jeep Renegade
I SO want that car.
The side exits look great, but they must totally trash the breakover angle.

Still who cares?

OP
OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
CLS63 AMG
Anyone hazard a guess as to what the circular whole in the front bumper is for?
Nightvision or Distronic etc.

Im guessing because the windscreen is so high up, and the normal area of behind the Rear View Mirror is so high off the road they need to posistion it lower?

MercFanUk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ah true, I never thought of how high the windscreen is to regular cars lol

WesLangdon

Banned
Car
300E
I like the orange one in the background
too much power and poor ground clearance makes these "sports" models all but useless for serious off roading. The g-wagen is a fine vehicle, I have owned several but a sports car it is not, live axle suspension, combined with a heavy, narrow, upright body work is not a happy combination. There are better alternatives out there.

brakedust

too much power and poor ground clearance makes these "sports" models all but useless for serious off roading. The g-wagen is a fine vehicle, I have owned several but a sports car it is not, live axle suspension, combined with a heavy, narrow, upright body work is not a happy combination. There are better alternatives out there.
I don't know how you reach your conclusion. Having driven both G-Wagen and Range-Rover, there is no comparison. Both the G350 and G55 (soon to be replaced by the new G63 with a 5.4-litre twin-turbo V8) provide excellent cross-country performance. I don't know when you last drove one of these cars, but both versions' engines have been re-tuned to provide excellent mid-range torque. MB has constantly refined the breed. Check out the attached video if you don't believe me. It's certainly as good if not better than either a Land-Rover Defender or Toyota Land Cruiser. I don't know what you think would be better, which makes me doubt whether you've actually owned one.

An Epic Adventure: The Australian Outback's Ultimate Off-Road Test - YouTube

The Australian Army has just ordered 1,200 of the military version. All versions have front, centre and rear diff locks and a low range box. Of course, you won't use all that power off-road, but on-road it goes like a bat out of hell.

For a car that first appeared in 1979, it is as iconic as the original Porsche 911, only a lot more practical and durable. I love it. This is my ideal car. It just goes on and on.

Can't wait to see the new G63 - which has a new interior and more durable suspension.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom