G65 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Extreme Mercedes-Benz G-Class AMG model spied testing

The model was spied hot-weather testing and sporting larger air intakes at the front.

Our spy photographer reports that the car sounded 'very powerful'.

1081661746706749075.jpg

372172792757823654.jpg

11119064661414342257.jpg

7729726311289707598.jpg

14552871021044390189.jpg

1081661746706749075.jpg

21241904891768836279.jpg

1761199303339868341.jpg

Last edited:
Love it

Cannot believe how good these look after all this time, my dad has a 230GE years and years ago. Bet it still going now built like a tank underneath.

There are certain cars that only Mercedes can get away with and that is one of them.

I saw a brand new G Wagen being preped for delivery today at Preston Mercedes. In Black. Yes please.

I SO want that car.
The side exits look great, but they must totally trash the breakover angle.

Still who cares?

Anyone hazard a guess as to what the circular whole in the front bumper is for?

Nightvision or Distronic etc.

Im guessing because the windscreen is so high up, and the normal area of behind the Rear View Mirror is so high off the road they need to posistion it lower?

Ah true, I never thought of how high the windscreen is to regular cars lol

I like the orange one in the background

too much power and poor ground clearance makes these "sports" models all but useless for serious off roading. The g-wagen is a fine vehicle, I have owned several but a sports car it is not, live axle suspension, combined with a heavy, narrow, upright body work is not a happy combination. There are better alternatives out there.

too much power and poor ground clearance makes these "sports" models all but useless for serious off roading. The g-wagen is a fine vehicle, I have owned several but a sports car it is not, live axle suspension, combined with a heavy, narrow, upright body work is not a happy combination. There are better alternatives out there.

I don't know how you reach your conclusion. Having driven both G-Wagen and Range-Rover, there is no comparison. Both the G350 and G55 (soon to be replaced by the new G63 with a 5.4-litre twin-turbo V8) provide excellent cross-country performance. I don't know when you last drove one of these cars, but both versions' engines have been re-tuned to provide excellent mid-range torque. MB has constantly refined the breed. Check out the attached video if you don't believe me. It's certainly as good if not better than either a Land-Rover Defender or Toyota Land Cruiser. I don't know what you think would be better, which makes me doubt whether you've actually owned one.

An Epic Adventure: The Australian Outback's Ultimate Off-Road Test - YouTube

The Australian Army has just ordered 1,200 of the military version. All versions have front, centre and rear diff locks and a low range box. Of course, you won't use all that power off-road, but on-road it goes like a bat out of hell.

For a car that first appeared in 1979, it is as iconic as the original Porsche 911, only a lot more practical and durable. I love it. This is my ideal car. It just goes on and on.

Can't wait to see the new G63 - which has a new interior and more durable suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom