Gad magic coming up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim55

Car
c220 cdi
I've booked in with nass at gad north for next sat ( 29th) .
I have a 58 220 cdi (167 bhp model , and he said it goes up to 197 , torque goes from 399 mm to 459 nm ,so worthwhile gains ,
I'm getting the car terra cleaned at same time as its done 115000 MLs and he recommends it being done , so it should b running pretty well after it , the cost will b £400 he said and Terraclean is separate , it Seems he is the man for a remap ,and the service and facilities seem good , nice guy as well ( spoke to on phone and he knows his stuff, I'm travelling down from Glasgow so it'll b a good drive back I think , il report back on here once done ;)

I've booked in with nass at gad north for next sat ( 29th) .
I have a 58 220 cdi (167 bhp model , and he said it goes up to 197 , torque goes from 399 mm to 459 nm ,so worthwhile gains ,
I'm getting the car terra cleaned at same time as its done 115000 MLs and he recommends it being done , so it should b running pretty well after it , the cost will b £400 he said and Terraclean is separate , it Seems he is the man for a remap ,and the service and facilities seem good , nice guy as well ( spoke to on phone and he knows his stuff, I'm travelling down from Glasgow so it'll b a good drive back I think , il report back on here once done ;)

Save your pennies on the terraclean.

Would u say it's rubbish , I'm a bit sceptical and tbh I can't really afford the bit extra , it's 110 plus vat , so 132 ish on top of remap cost :confused:

Would u say it's rubbish , I'm a bit sceptical and tbh I can't really afford the bit extra , it's 110 plus vat , so 132 ish on top of remap cost :confused:

Cleaning a fuel system is worthwhile but @ £132 it seems rather pricy to me especially if money is tight. The Terraclean is a nice upsell , not that I'm saying it doesn't work. What I am saying is, it fits in nicely as something to flog a customer prior to a remap. What I'd suggest is you add 1lt of Dipatane (c.£10) to a half tank or less (a 1/3 always worked for me) and take the car for a good blast.

Here's a list of stockists.
https://www.dipetane.com/suppliers_uk.html

Last edited:

I did it on my E39 M5, I did a boroscope before and after as a test. There was no visible difference at all.

My personal opinion it's a great cross sale and not worth it. I know of someone who had it done and he had issues afterwards. It ended costing him 3 new o2 sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom