Gaffer tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Just a quick one
icon_wink.gif

Anyone know the best way to remove the adhesive stuck to paintwork after some gaffer tape has been torn off?

Not on the Merc, but my workhorse which had a window taped up waiting for a new regulator to be fitted.

Many thanks.

a bit of thinners on a cloth.....have a clean cloth then to wipe off the thinners again. dont go to crazy with the thinners. slowly slowly catchy monkey n all that.

Methylated spirit. It is not as harsh as thinners or white spirit on the paintwork.

WD40 (allegedly)

Theres a product called "GOO GONE" just google it. Absolutely brilliant and will not damage paint trim etc..:thumb:

Thanks for the tips guys. I have WD40 and white spirit, so I'll try those first. I've drunk all the meths;)

Goo Gone + Sticky Stuff remover will do it.

Something I have used in the past is to warm it with a hair drier (NOT PAINT STRIPPER!) and use a fresh bit of gaffer to peel away the residue in the same way you can use it to remove cat hairs from clothes. It works a charm on painted stage scenery flats and they are only emulsion over MDF.

I used label remover from Maplins... did the job... The can was quite expensive though.. Can't remember how much....

It was used on a van by the way... I would never use it on a car...

Tar remover.

I love how a question is asked on this forum and the OP gets a every response known to man and thus is back to square one again! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom