GAH! Back with a complaint!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
Hello everyone :)

I have a massive moan! Why is it that the ENTIRE Comand will not work if ONE item is faulty?? :(

I'm not happy. My laptop went up in a cloud of smoke day before yesterday and now because of ONE element of my comand breaking (I'm not sure but i think it's the CD interchanger on the blink) I cant use my radio/mp3 player or more importantly my SAT NAV :( :(

I need the sat nav desperately coz I am travelling up country on Wednesday and I have got no clue where I am going :wallbash:

Rant over. Nice to see some old (familiar) faces :)

Why don't you disconnect the CD changer until you can get it looked at properly :)

Is it in the boot or glovebox ?

Should be held in with some screws ? or can you get your hand round the back of the unit in the glovebox ?

Is it just the CD changer that is not working? ie. are there any other symptoms?

Last edited:
well, this is what we are trying to ascertain :-/ I have just unplugged it from the back of the cd changer itself but it made no difference, would it need unplugging from the back of the Comand itself do you think?

Is there an easy way of getting the ashtray out without a very long narrow screw driver with a star end on it? I have a star end - but the actual screw driver is quite thick and wont fit up the lid :(

Oh and R2D2 - no - no other symptoms. The only thing which seems not to be working is the interchanger - but obviously without turning the actual comand on fully i cant tell.

I think one of the elements of the fibre optic cabling has gone maybe (??) I was on the phone the other day and something blew audiably (not the fuses I got mark to check all of those) and it cut off the phone for about a minute, then it said phone undetected, then kind of reset itself and it came back on, when I got back in it the following day everything was ok, the Comand fired up - the MP3 player was working, phone was ok, the radio still fine, then I turned the whole unit off via the power button today, fired it back up but the screen comes onto the star and then shuts off within 30 seconds...

well, this is what we are trying to ascertain :-/ I have just unplugged it from the back of the cd changer itself but it made no difference, would it need unplugging from the back of the Comand itself do you think?

Is there an easy way of getting the ashtray out without a very long narrow screw driver with a star end on it? I have a star end - but the actual screw driver is quite thick and wont fit up the lid :(

You need a small screwdriver to unclip the ashtray. Then you have to remove the airvents and then comand.......

If you remove the CD Changer you will need to close the fibre optic loop, so you will need to trace it back...

I've chickened out and texted Alfie - just waiting for his advice, i'm terrified of cocking something up to be honest - Mr Jadefox is just piecing it all back together as I type - typical though that it decides to go when I'm just about to travel somewhere where I need the satnav on Wednesday (

You may need a .............map!

These are rare thing nowadays, which are never where you thought they were and invariably the page that you need will be long gone.

Haha!!!!!!! Oh David, I need YOU reading the map I think - I am useless with any kind of old fashioned style mappage type things ;)

I have a 1994 AA Road Atlas you can borrow if you like ? ;)

Haha!!!!!!! Oh David, I need YOU reading the map I think - I am useless with any kind of old fashioned style mappage type things ;)

In our house if we have to use a map, we stop so that I can read it. My partner cannot map read... The last time we tried we were towing a caravan and she was constantly telling me to turn left down one track roads. I was pretty sure that we needed to go right. I was right, and her map reading duties ceased forever. (apart from when we arrived in Florida last year, and she again got us lost)...

I'm going off your subject now so will shut-up! Best of luck though, I wonder whether your problem is more to do with the phone kit rather than the cd changer though...

Only thing that made me think CD Changer is that it won't eject the cartridge now, doesn't seem to be doing anything. The phone is still charging at least? :dk:

Have you checked the fuse for the CD Changer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom