Galaxy Tab 4 problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Anyone else come across this problem with a Samsung product...

The other night my sons Tab 4 was plugged in to charge, battery was on 6%. Following morning it was still on 6%. He hasn't broke it or dropped, been in a large padded case since day 1.

Turned it fully off last night and charged it, up to 100% no problem. Seeming it may only charge whilst turned off, think I am going to take it back. Bought from Argos in Dec 14' for his Xmas present, they should take it back with the receipt shouldn't they?

I'm not familiar with returning things and the process as I'm normally quite lucky. I'm guessing they'll send it to Samsung for a few weeks for repair, although I'd rather a replacement or I'll have a very disgruntled 5 year old (and equally disgruntled child's mother)

His Xbox 360 broke on him last week too (my old one) so he's not had the best week bless him! But I'll just replace that with a newer one as that's been through hell and back (launched 10ft out the back door into the garden by the ex and still worked after! :thumb: )

Any regular moaners/returners on here to give any advice? I have the receipt for the tab ready for an argument in store!

Anyone else come across this problem with a Samsung product...

The other night my sons Tab 4 was plugged in to charge, battery was on 6%. Following morning it was still on 6%. He hasn't broke it or dropped, been in a large padded case since day 1.

Turned it fully off last night and charged it, up to 100% no problem. Seeming it may only charge whilst turned off, think I am going to take it back. Bought from Argos in Dec 14' for his Xmas present, they should take it back with the receipt shouldn't they?

I'm not familiar with returning things and the process as I'm normally quite lucky. I'm guessing they'll send it to Samsung for a few weeks for repair, although I'd rather a replacement or I'll have a very disgruntled 5 year old (and equally disgruntled child's mother)

His Xbox 360 broke on him last week too (my old one) so he's not had the best week bless him! But I'll just replace that with a newer one as that's been through hell and back (launched 10ft out the back door into the garden by the ex and still worked after! :thumb: )

Any regular moaners/returners on here to give any advice? I have the receipt for the tab ready for an argument in store!

You gave it to a five year old and believed him that it wasn't dropped etc...

Argos will generally send it back for repair. If it can't be repaired then a replacement will be provided.

He would've said if he did, but literally nothing is breaking the tablet with the case it's in.

Same case as I have for my work tablet. Called Gorilla or something, don't know where work get them from.

I've dropped mine down 15 story pipe risers, left on the roof of my van etc... never damaged :banana:

I've thoroughly checked it, no components are loose, there's a 'fix' where it's taken apart and the battery simply unplugged and plugged back in, but I don't know where to start with a Samsung. iPhone no problem.

I'll see what Argos says

He would've said if he did, but literally nothing is breaking the tablet with the case it's in.

Same case as I have for my work tablet. Called Gorilla or something, don't know where work get them from.

I've dropped mine down 15 story pipe risers, left on the roof of my van etc... never damaged :banana:

I've thoroughly checked it, no components are loose, there's a 'fix' where it's taken apart and the battery simply unplugged and plugged back in, but I don't know where to start with a Samsung. iPhone no problem.

I'll see what Argos says

Ah yes my little one has one of those cases, they really are a must for kids or adults like me!

My experience of fixing phones or tablets is it always seems simply until you try. Best bet is to take it back to argos.

Mrhanky said:
Ah yes my little one has one of those cases, they really are a must for kids or adults like me! My experience of fixing phones or tablets is it always seems simply until you try. Best bet is to take it back to argos.

Just looked at my work tab and it's in fact an 'otter' case, not Gorilla :doh: wrong animal!

image-1308363337.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom