Game of thrones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolfie1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XE R Dynamic Black Series, A180 AMG LINE and an FD RX7
I see every episode is on now tv, reckons im going to binge the whole lot on lockdown,
Anyone else gonna do the same? (btw ive seen them all already)

Me neither, just the way the 'youngsters' at work were obsessing about it every day put me off watching.

And the disappointment they felt at the end almost affected production output !

It's an incredible series. Final season is lame and in wrong order. Possibly best TV series created.

BTW GRR Martin just finished last book...

It's an incredible series. Final season is lame and in wrong order. Possibly best TV series created.

Zombies and dragons and giants and castles and knights. What's not to like - well maybe some owls, steam trains, and flying cars.

I don't think it's the best TV series ever created.

They take quit a few liberties with the story telling. You can see the budget goes up along the way so they do more with armies and ships and whatnot. They leave stuff unexplained. You can see a similar effect with the Vikings series which started small and grew and then outgrew itself.

Where GoT works quite well is that GRR Martin has created a world where there are motivations and consequences for the characters. There are long term politics. The TV manages some of this quite well but the strands of the story and its scale it makes things complicated. The dragons and zombies are in some ways a distraction. I don't think they are needed.

When they stuck solely to the books, it's the best TV offers, when Dave and Dan went their own way cracks appear.

Well im looking forward to reliving old memories, have watched the first 2 episodes so far again

So far we have binge-watched:

Stranger Things.
The End Of The F**king World.
The Night Manager. (Again)
Killing Eve. (Again)

We really should try GoT as everyone raves about it.

Stranger Things.
Killing Eve. (Again)

Have you watched Breaking Bad ?
Never heard of it until one of the kids mentioned it. Watched all the series in a week :eek:

Stranger Things.
Killing Eve. (Again)

It is amazing, as the series progresses it just gets better and better and you know all the negative hype about the last series, it still was brilliant the only issue with it is the amount of stuff crammed into the last series it could have been made into 2 but thats where the book stopped so it had to stop 7 books-7 series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom