Gaming PC Supplier Recommendations Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
My youngest wants to build a gaming PC - budget c£1K.

He has a spec and is looking at ebuyer and PC Parts Picker.

Where else might he try, to get the best component prices?

Thanks.

Last edited:
My youngest wants to build a gaming PC - budget c£1K.

He has a spec and is looking at ebuyer and PC Parts Picker.

Where else might he try,to get the best component prices?

Thanks.

You can try www.overclockers.co.uk.

But generally eBay will be cheapest.

I've always used CCL Computers near Leeds for all my stuff.

Good prices and, perhaps as important, on the odd occasion I've had to return stuff, their aftersales team are excellent.

I have no experience of the other suppliers mentioned above, but having built my last three PC's with components from eBuyer, I would happily recommend them. They're usually quite competitive on price and I have had no issues when returning the odd faulty component.

I purchased everything for my monster on ebuyer, the delivery is ridiculously good. My PSU packed up one evening and I ordered a replacement circa 10pm in the evening, it arrived the next day!

Overclockers as previously mentioned is great too, although nothing beats going to a computer fair and sourcing everything there, then going home to build it

Personally I'd save £750 and buy an Xbox one s :D

Components are components, the whole point of building your own and getting components is that you can choose the best from whichever supplier. It makes no sense to then limit yourself by getting it all from a single supplier.

I use a combination of the ones mentioned above, but also Amazon, and quietpc, and basically any UK online shop as you have your consumer protection anyway in case there is anything wrong.

But ultimately I fully agree with ash59fifty-uk, save your money and buy an Xbox One S. Because don't forget your also require an operating system, good keyboard and mouse, don't skimp on the case, and most definitely not on the power supply and graphics card. So that £1,000 won't go that far actually.

A gfx card capable of coping with most games will be quite expensive, £500+ for the good cards, PSU £100 odd, the chip and system is another outlay and the cooling :eek:

I think £1000 is doable but it won't be an amazingly fast computer for gaming, it will cope. It depends how important things like rates and lag are going to be while playing

If you can get to a fair and maybe get some discounts or even some second hand cases and cooling you can save a lot :thumb:

We have always bought most of our stuff from Scan.

https://www.scan.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom