Garage break in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
Some lowlife broke into my garage (actually I suspect more than one given some of the things taken) :mad:
The loss of the tools will hopefully be covered on the insurance but I doubt my car stereo, or the damage to the console, will be.:rolleyes:
Why, why, why, rip my car apart for a stereo and leave the golf clubs on the back seat? (it wasn't because the stereo was lighter because they took a compressor that I couldn't even lift!)

Anybody got a spare console in Mushroom?

Attachments

• damnjunkies.jpg
    damnjunkies.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 380
Ouch, sorry to hear this!

My Dad alarmed his last garage, it was hooked up to the main house alaram - was very effective! (Then again, he installs the things for a living, so was easy).

Might be worth looking into for the future?

Sorry to hear about this :mad:

I'm just in the process of clearing out my garage to repair and build a track car, so will take heed and get some decent security in place!

Some lowlife broke into my garage (actually I suspect more than one given some of the things taken) :mad:
Why, why, why, rip my car apart for a stereo and leave the golf clubs on the back seat? (it wasn't because the stereo was lighter because they took a compressor that I couldn't even lift!)

You shouldn't view these people as lowlife's, they are simply more needy than you are.....

Little *****.

Sorry to hear this and I can't console you with a console either.

p.s. Don't bother checking the local golf club car park for your stereo.;)

Dog eats dog in Plymouth full of serviced people live there.:eek:

sry to hear abt your bad luck, little lowlifes!

Now that is just awfull, stealing the stereo is one thing but damage the console as well in the process is just pathetic. Feel for you and do hope everthing can be sorted. Just noticed you had a Clifford alarm system did that not go off ?

Bummer....:mad:

I assume you mean 'Service' people? What's it to do with them? I cannot see the link :confused:
As an ex serviceman that lived in Plymouth experience has taught me to ignore remarks made my a certain type of person :devil: ;)

Hi Janner,
I feel for you and words cannot express the contempt I feel for those low lives that did this. Hopefully you get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

Regards
John

I assume you mean 'Service' people? What's it to do with them? I cannot see the link :confused:
I don't think he knows what he is talking about half the time,I think he just sits at home with nothing better to do but annoy people(shame he can't find another forum)

Sorry to hear about that - horrible little ****! It is so frustrating isn't it? they do more damage to car than the stereo is worth
I hope the car was insured?

I had my 300E 1 week before an idiot decided to smash the rear quarterlight, damage the console trying (but failing) to get the radio cassette out - he took the face-off anyway! This was in broad daylight, with the alarm going off and several witnesses observing him. Fortunately one of the witnesses was an off-duty copper who could identify him - he was caught, charged with this and several other offences and put away for 9 months - he was supposed to pay me £100 (my excess on the car + the stereo) - needless to say I never got a thing! He caused well over £1000 damage to the car + a new stereo!
It took 1 year to get it all sorted out!

Hope you get yours sorted sooner than that!
Good luck
Andy

As an ex serviceman that lived in Plymouth experience has taught me to ignore remarks made my a certain type of person :devil: ;)

Hi Janner,
I feel for you and words cannot express the contempt I feel for those low lives that did this. Hopefully you get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

Regards
John

And as an ex-serviceman who spent well over 10 years in 'Guzz' I still find comments like that make my blood boil. Calm now though :)

Janner, sorry to read what happened last night-I hope everything gets sorted with the minimum of fuss etc.

Bad luck Janner :(

I would be concerned that the people who did this knew what they were looking for - an opportunist thief isn't likely to steal a compressor - golf clubs would have been easier to sell etc.

Make certain to tighten security as much as possible now, statistically you're more likely to be targeted again :(

Extra locks, alarm, lock things away etc. Make sure there's no easy way in - windows, doors, roof etc need to be made as strong as you can.

If the car has an alarm, make sure it's locked and use it.

If you have expensive tools, I would consider a security camera or at least a decent alarm linked to your home?

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Will

Sorry to hear about this janner. Low lifes never respect people's property and won't go out and do something productive to get them the nice things others have. I hope you manage to get it sorted :)

Mmmm.. I wish people would stop using the 'quote' function on Dragon's posts. He's been on my 'ignore user' list for months. I'd rather not read his drivel. Service personnel are the last people that would do something like this.
I'm sure it was just opportunist teenagers. They can use a stereo but they don't know anyone who plays golf. The compressor was right at the back of the garage but was fairly new and shiny. One of the things they took was a radio controlled car :rolleyes:
I made the mistake of thinking the garage was secure but now it's like Fort Knox. I won't state the type of alarm I've just bought but it will phone and text me if it goes off. Cool.
Haven't heard from the police yet but they did give me a crime reference number over the phone :rolleyes:

If I find out who did it I'll ask these guys to 'have a word'

Last edited:
Mmmm.. I wish people would stop using the 'quote' function on Dragon's posts. He's been on my 'ignore user' list for months. I'd rather not read his drivel.

I wish to be associated with the remarks of the above speaker.

Bad luck Janner, hopefully the damage is fixable or at least invisible when the new parts get placed.

Some years ago a friend of mine had his motorbike secured to a concreted post in his agarage with reinforced and alarmed door. But the little $hit$ spent the night taking down his brick back wall and took their time getting the bike out.

"whenever you make something idiot proof, they just make a better idiot."

Haven't heard from the police yet but they did give me a crime reference number over the phone :rolleyes:
Three or four years ago my almost 80-year old father's garage was broken into and tools / other items stolen. While surveying the damage he noticed a cigarette dog end that had been left behind by the pond life responsible. He pointed this out to the SoCO when they came to examine the place and it was actually instumental in getting the little **** responsible convicted.

So, other than the actions you've already taken to secure the place for future, a couple of other things that are worthwhile doing are: a) Take a good look around for anything, however small, that the perp may have left behind and if you find anything make sure the Police are aware of it; b) Make a list of the tools and other items you've lost and then keep adding to it as you find that more things are missing. My Dad was still finding that things he hadn't claimed on his insurance for had gone missing a year or two later when he went to use them and they weren't there.

Theiving lowlife scum. I do hope the police catch them but what are the chances realistically. I do hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom