Garage break in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's the link.
This watch is almost certainly stolen but is it mine?
I have the serial number (and the paperwork) but I doubt the seller will give out the number on the one he/she has.
I haven't had a reply yet. It may be that my name and location rings alarm bells if they know who it was stolen off.
Anybody live near Glastonbury that can sound interested enough to get the serial number or pop over and take a look for me?

Edit. As far as I can see it's the only blue Tag Kirium chronometer for auction on UK E-Bay. Bit too much of a coincidence??

Last edited:
And they say it needs to be sold soon! Hmmm....bit fishy I would say, but then again, who knows. Good Luck with everything.

On a slightly lighter note...The coupe is now running and booked in for an MOT on Tuesday. If all is well and I can figure out the Turbotechnics electronics it will be at the Torquay get-together.:rock:

Who needs a stereo with two turbos and a big bore exhaust? :D

On a slightly lighter note...The coupe is now running and booked in for an MOT on Tuesday. If all is well and I can figure out the Turbotechnics electronics it will be at the Torquay get-together.:rock:

Excellent news. Look forward to seeing that.

That is good news!

Just spent an hour on the phone to the insurers. The gist of which is that my watch is not covered, the car stereo is not covered and one other item may not be covered.
To top it all she basically called me a liar when I told her about the compressor :mad:
"How do you suppose a burglar made off with an item that large and heavy?" she said. They're sending me some forms but I don't think I'm going to get much, if anything.
Claim for absolutely everything that's gone and get them to put in writing which exclusion they're relying upon to refuse your claim on an item by item basis. Some policies are badly worded and by carefully studying all the relevant clauses you may find that by their refusing the claim under one clause they have left themselves liable under another. If your interpretation of the policy wording matches theirs, then fine. If not then you know what you're fighting against.

Likewise, when they make a settlement offer, if you believe they've undervalued items suggest to them that you'll be engaging the services of a loss adjuster and perhaps they'd like to review their offer before you do so.

It's understandable that an insurer has to guard against fraudulent and inflated claims, but legitimate claims that they are trying to avoid should be pursued with all vigour.

Last edited:
Excellent news. Look forward to seeing that.
Seconded and Janner do not let the insurance company bully you :mad: ;)

Good luck
Regards
John

Sorry to read this.

Janner, if I can help by posting some more details of your watch on a couple of watch forums I'm a member of I'll happily do that for you.

Thats the best news I have heard in ages :D

If you need me to bring anything with me - let me know.
I will pack my laptop, multiplexer and wideband just for the hell of it!

Mark

The watch thieves struck again.... but they were a little stupid this time and did not get anything.... There was a gang of 4 lads all under 21 arrested after trying to smash the windows at Michael Spiers in Plymouth but the glass withstood the 4 sledgehammers and they got nothing.... broad day light though in the centre of the city shopping... complete madness....you never know it may be the same people that did your garage????

Glad to hear about the car.

The serial number is on the back but in those pictures it's either been photoshopped or ground off. I notice that none of these Tag watches have paperwork or original boxes. Surely if you were selling a legit watch you would have both?

Thanks Will, you have possibly saved me a trip to Somerset :D

Hmm not really I don't have the receipts or boxes for either of my Tag or Breitling watches.....

But my insurance company does.....:D

Your insurance company holds your receipts and boxes for your watches ?

Not sure i'd trust them with them to be honest :crazy: could get lost so easily

Mine live happily in my safe ....

No they hold copies of the receipts as do my brokers --- boxes ..I have no idea where they are...perhaps that was silly..:(

So true, I had an item stolen from my desk at work by an IT-contractor, which appeared on eBay some weeks later and was subsequently sold.

How did I/we get to know about it? Well, it was an electronic Motorola 2-way radio that when switched on displayed "PETERBOROUGH LINK" on the display. So, the innocent buyer contacted the council and got to me and to cut a long story short Police were involved, a bit of detective work and the culprit identified and arrested, who admitted what he did.

Really dumb guy, but equally big up for the buyer to realise what he had bought.

Sorry to go a little OT

Why on earth would you bother nicking one 2-way radio? Virtually worthless and extremely trackable.

Only saw this just now and really feel sorry for you. :( I know what it's like as exactly the same happened to my W126 years ago. They smashed a window, leaving glass all over the car, then broke the console pretty much like in your case and in ripping the stereo out vandalised about all the electrical wiring behind the console. :mad:

B*******!

Why on earth would you bother nicking one 2-way radio? Virtually worthless and extremely trackable.

No idea; it was/is a Motorola GP360 I assume easily chipped onto a different frequency, but quite dumb to steal it and not clear the frequency/owner link details frankly, but hey, who says opportunists are clever :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom