Garage Door Opener Programming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
I have the integrated garage door opener in my W212 which I hope will save me messing about with the remote for my sliding gate.

However, I am struggling to programme it.

Has anyone managed to do it and am I missing something.

I am holding the button I want and then holding the button on my remote for 10-20 seconds. While doing this I am holding the remote about 10cm from the rear view mirror.

I have tried moving the remote around while doing it as well as holding it still but never get the fast flashing light that apparently indicates it has captured the code.

Tempted to drop by MB and as them to do it as I am not known for my patience :) but don't want to admit defeat either!

is it compatabile with your gates
I had to get a seperate reciever from these people
HomeLink
they supply the transmitter in the mirror and there is lots of helpful infomation on there site

No idea if it's compatible, but I read somewhere a list of frequencies that were compatible and mine uses a frequency which is covered, so I guess it should work.

I think I am just not doing it right. I have watched the video and read the guide, and seem to be doing it right, so can only assume the distance between the remote and mirror while performing the programming is to blame. I have tried everything from about 1 inch to about 6 inch. More tries require I guess.

It does say in the guide that patience is require and you might need to try several times!

Did read somewhere that capturing the signal depended heavily on the battery in the garage remote being in tip top condition. One poster failed to get capture-despite no problem in opening the garage door via the remote. CHANGED THE REMOTE BATTERY = RESULT code captured. worth a try??

I'll see about picking up a new battery. This one opens the gate fine, but like you say it's worth a go, especially as it's coming upto a year old so the battery probably isn't it tip top condition.

Its not the freq its something to do with the coding inside.
Check the make of your gate operating system against the list on the homelink site or give them a call. I found them very helpful, make sure you have the make and date to hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom