Garage Door Opener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jahewitt

Car
ML280 & BMW 335i conv'
I have the garage door opener option in the rear viw mirror of my CLK 208.

It won't work UK doors - as it is in Italy mode - Homelink sent me insturctions to make it UK mode. I rang them for help - but they suggested

"zat I condact ze dealer and zay vill do it vor me" (german man on phone)

Does anyone have any ideas how to change the codes as the dealer doesn't !!

sorry this is probably utter rubbish, but i thought you just had to hold down the button of your normal remote and hold down one of the buttons on the mirror to program it?

Spot on - but first I need to get it into UK mode as the frequency of my gagare door isn't an Italian freq!

jahewitt said:
Spot on - but first I need to get it into UK mode as the frequency of my gagare door isn't an Italian freq!

Press and hold the 2 outside buttons for 20 secs plus - release only when the diode flashes. [This erases factory settings]

Point the donor remote control unit at the mirror, while holding down its 'on' button AND the desired button on the mirror until the diode stops flashing - nb the diode in the mirror will flash slowly at first [receiving/learning] then fast [finished].

That should do it. If it doesn't, it may be that your current remote system is incompatible - I have a remote at home which works with the mirror, and one at work which it simply won't store. Wondering whether that might be the problem?

Anyway, hope this helps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom