garage stripped camber lugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-durham

Car
2005 CLS55 AMG
hello,

So after i replaced every component on the front end of the cls55, i took it to get 4 wheel alignment. After a " we couldnt manage to get the camber in spec" type conclusion i had a nosey when i got it home. The results were not good.

The lugs inside the bottom arms bush at both sides have been sheared off, by turning the camber bolts. On the drivers rear lower arm, the smaller of the two bolts that hold the arm to the subframe, has had its head rounded.

What do you think my best course of action is? The new front arms only had 2 miles use on them, the front torque arms still luckily have their lugs in tact :wallbash:

That's not good news.

Is there not a garage up north with the similar knowledge as Wheels in Motion (based in Chesham)?

A lot of garages don't actually know about the adjustable bolts and end up screwing it up.

You will need new adjustable bolts and new bushes for the lower control arms. I have just replaced my driver's side bush and will need to sort out my passenger side as well. Bushes cost me £25 each from my local MB dealership.

Last edited:
That's not good news.

Is there not a garage up north with the similar knowledge as Wheels in Motion (based in Chesham)?

A lot of garages don't actually know about the adjustable bolts and end up screwing it up.

You will need new adjustable bolts and new bushes for the lower control arms. I have just replaced my driver's side bush and will need to sort out my passenger side as well. Bushes cost me £25 each from my local MB dealership.

Tbf if they dont know they are there, they shouldn't touch it!!

My local Kwikfit knew about the Camber bolts!

hello,

So after i replaced every component on the front end of the cls55, i took it to get 4 wheel alignment. After a " we couldnt manage to get the camber in spec" type conclusion i had a nosey when i got it home. The results were not good.

The lugs inside the bottom arms bush at both sides have been sheared off, by turning the camber bolts. On the drivers rear lower arm, the smaller of the two bolts that hold the arm to the subframe, has had its head rounded.

What do you think my best course of action is? The new front arms only had 2 miles use on them, the front torque arms still luckily have their lugs in tact :wallbash:

Tell the garage you want them to either get new bushes put in the arms or 2 new Arms. They are not cheap after all

im not aware of anywhere in teesside thats well recommended. Its not rocket science to be fair. lol

I think ive located some replacement lemforder bushes, £25 ish quid each :=(

dunno what best course of action with the stripped rear bolt is, looks like a **** to resolve

im not aware of anywhere in teesside thats well recommended. Its not rocket science to be fair. lol

I think ive located some replacement lemforder bushes, £25 ish quid each :=(

dunno what best course of action with the stripped rear bolt is, looks like a **** to resolve

Hi Bud, sent you two emails a moment ago :thumb:

So I had the alignment check at a different branch of the same...

This was the result:
Std setting on caster arms and -4mm on the bottom arms (my only choice due to lack of most of the lugs!)

Seems my issue is front near side, i see changing the lower arm to 0mm, would give me -40' so would bring it much closer.

Although the car steering wheel is straight now, it pulls to the left a fair bit, which i am putting down to the camber on the f/n/s.

Any other thoughts on the above info?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom