garages in london who deal with recoding merc keys.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zubear

Car
E-Class Coupe
hi there im looking for garages in london who recode keys as i have heard that my key may need doing. the problem i have is that sometime the car will open with the remote and sometimes it wont. i have changed the battery in the remote and battery in the car is fine. help needed please thanks.

Keys can't be re-programmed. New only.

have you tried the spare?

What type of Mercedes is it too, some W203 C class models have had issues with the amplifier that supports the remote locking
How do you know the battery in the car is okay, have you had it checked?

sorry yh battery was tested. and yh its a w211 e-class sorry if i have mentioned it. was at work when typing lol.

hi there im looking for garages in london who recode keys as i have heard that my key may need doing. the problem i have is that sometime the car will open with the remote and sometimes it wont. i have changed the battery in the remote and battery in the car is fine. help needed please thanks.

yup spare is exactly the same.

is this a common problem and how do i sort this out help needed thanks.

You need to get it plugged into a Star diag machine. This will help diagnosis.

Got the same problem with one of our keys which are the chrome ones. Will open sometimes other times not. Had the same problem with the other key and it turned out to be the press button. Electronic guy i know took it apart and cleaned it and now it's fine. The boot switch was the same. Took it apart cleaned it and now it's fine. You need somebody who's good with printed curcuit boards and got I think it's called an air gun. The switch's are so small!

Got the same problem with one of our keys which are the chrome ones. Will open sometimes other times not. Had the same problem with the other key and it turned out to be the press button. Electronic guy i know took it apart and cleaned it and now it's fine. The boot switch was the same. Took it apart cleaned it and now it's fine. You need somebody who's good with printed curcuit boards and got I think it's called an air gun. The switch's are so small!

anyone you recommend?

anyone you recommend?

Sorry just got back to you. Afraid I can't. The guy who did mine won't guarantee it to work as it's so fiddley and theres a good chance of the lugs that hold the switch togeather breaking. He would want paying for his time which everway. Sorry not much help

Sorry just got back to you. Afraid I can't. The guy who did mine won't guarantee it to work as it's so fiddley and theres a good chance of the lugs that hold the switch togeather breaking. He would want paying for his time which everway. Sorry not much help

cheers appreciate the help though thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom