GardX 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L80OUS

Car
W213 EClass
I purchased my E220 today and have spotted in the history Mercedes applied a two stage GardX product to the body and wheels in June 2019 costing the previous owner £1463.

Is this a Cermanic coating and is it any good? How long is it meant to last?

The feel of the paint after a snowfoam and wash was very rough, I performed a full clay bar followed by a rotary polish with meguiares 205 followed with some wax, it's much smoother now and 80% less swirls, could have perhaps done with a 2 stage power polish with 105 first.

Will this coating have worn off by now

Its usually a sales gimmick. Money for old rope pushed by salesman to up the commission.

Pretty much the above. I'd be genuinely interested in the markup for the Gard X application, it must be in the 1000%s lol.

I would probably expect the coating to have worn off or working to a significantly reduced level.

If you've just spent some hard work polishing i would be inclined to ceramic coat it to protect and make it look lovely :)

When I bought a new car admittedly back in 2010, I was offered the equivalent product by the dealership. I politely declined and said I'd be detailing the car myself but as a gesture they chucked in the product for free, it was G3 Glasscoat. Again a coating said to last 3 years which it may do if you apply it properly.

Interesting, I still have it and never used it but these are the instructions for it

ONQNT6X.jpg

Now I'm well aware that coatings can genuinely last years but even today they have to be applied very meticulously and in the right environment. The question is, do you reckon that a valeter at a dealership would follow all of the steps in even those old instructions above? The cynic in me says they likely wash the car with a bucket, sponge and chamoise, slap this stuff all over and buff it off. I can't picture them doing a full decontamination detail on it beforehand.

I purchased my E220 today and have spotted in the history Mercedes applied a two stage GardX product to the body and wheels in June 2019 costing the previous owner £1463.

The feel of the paint after a snowfoam and wash was very rough, I performed a full clay bar followed by a rotary polish with meguiares 205 followed with some wax, it's much smoother now and 80% less swirls, could have perhaps done with a 2 stage power polish with 105 first.

Probably will have.

I got this added to the final deal as I was walking away from buying our Aug 2019 E220 Estate in Sep 2020. It was sold as having a lifetime warranty and dame with all sorts of cleaning products all presented in two faux leather pouches. I have washed with Autoglym snow foam, Meguiars shampoo and ceramic wax. Lovely shiny finish and smoooooth to te touch. See GardX Protect
Hope of help.

We use it at my work I don't think it's that great there are better products out there but if you are wanting to go that route get in touch with me and I can sort you out with the coatings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom