GardX Paint Protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgianSteve

Car
Mercedes-Benz GLE
Just picked up my new car last week. On collection noticed the GardX sticker and care kit were missing. There were some very minor marks on the paintwork which I thought would have been hidden by the paint protection.

I was suspicious so today poured a small amount of water inside on the carpet and it quickly absorbed and did not float.

I also poured water on the paint and it did not bead. The car is clean so would have expected it to bead.

The GardX is listed at £749 on my invoice (it was part of the deal).

I have emailed the dealer. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

I never buy things like that. I used to date a car salesman and he told me how little those things actually cost. They don't correct the paint before applying, even if they do put it on. I like detailing so do it myself. I'd just ask for the £749 refunding 😊

Problem is even though it is listed as £749, I think they inflated the price as they get a bonus on units/price sold? It didn’t actually cost me this - we agreed a price for the car and then this was a freebie. So asking for the money back is a bit cheeky, but then so it listing it as a line item and not actually doing the work.
Car has a few hundred miles on the clock now and if they don’t detail the car/clay bar then they will just seal any marks which have appeared.

Problem is even though it is listed as £749, I think they inflated the price as they get a bonus on units/price sold? It didn’t actually cost me this - we agreed a price for the car and then this was a freebie. So asking for the money back is a bit cheeky, but then so it listing it as a line item and not actually doing the work.
Car has a few hundred miles on the clock now and if they don’t detail the car/clay bar then they will just seal any marks which have appeared.
Treatments like that are often done by the salesmen in there lunch break as extra money . I would definitely kick up a stink and throw the word fraud around . Good luck

The paint should as you say bead impressively if it was applied

I see where your coming from but it was a buying point otherwise they would have dangled that carrot. I'd kick up a fuss and either request to have it done with a full paint correction as it should be applied or as Sarah said request a refund whether it was a freebie or not.

At worst to get rid of your they'll probably offer a partial refund as they won't want to put the money and hours into the car.

Use it at my work the salesman definitely don't do it where I work they wouldn't have a clue what to do I personally don't think it's that great there are better products out there that do a better job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom