Garmin ecoRoute HD in W168?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello

Thanks for the above looks very neat and for the money very good may suit my needs if its a simple swap for my current Audio 20 (I think) in a 2003 e class.

The A190's are pretty rare few people probably know they are about and then the one we had the A210 Evo even rarer. We had ours over 4 years and I spotted two more...

Great little car

Thanks, yes it is certainly a good value for money and considering what the car itself is worth is the right way to go, in my opinion. I'd be happy to send you links to where I got cage and plastic for the trim from, if needed, but these are pretty common stuff. In fact, universal cage would be exactly the same as Xtrons-specific one I bought, apart from costing a few quid less :cool:

A210 is a great car, as it happens I see one about once a week just up the street here in Northampton, but that's about it - as you said, very rare. Would love to have one :thumb:

Wow that's impressive! I really think a reversing cam is a good idea. I know the car ends just outside the window, but I still find it a bit difficult to reverse (and I also hate reversing!).
So you have a camera both front and rear?
Where's this thread you're mentioning regarding the rear plate camera?
Do you need to press any buttons to activate the reversing camera or will it just simply switch on when reverse is engaged?

Interesting to hear about the A160 vs A190. I don't feel too bad for getting the A160 now. :)

Thanks!

Yes, I'm not too big a fan of reversing either :rolleyes: so found the rear view cam very useful indeed. When wired correctly, in comes on automatically, once you put car in reverse.

The rear plate mounted camera wasn't actually discussed as such (the thread was about OEM MB cam), just briefly mentioned here (as a not too neat an alternative :cool: ) : http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/113912-reverse-camera-comand-ntg2-5-a.html

I have a front-facing HD camcorder, sits just behind the rear view mirror, so not obstructing my view in any way. Bought it from 7DayShop 7dayshop.com - Online Store , and am generally pleased with the quality. I use 32GB class 10 SDHC to avoid sluggish file writing - the difference between class 6 and class 10 is definitely noticeable.

Absolutely no reason to feel bad about choosing A160, - there's always a more powerful car, a bigger house (or a Ferrari boat and ballerina :bannana:) out there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom