Garmin map pilot live updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MasEm

Car
C Class W205
Hi everyone, just purchased a W205 C Class with the garmin map pilot, just debating whether to pay for the live traffic updates, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how good the live traffic updates are? Im assuming its probably not quite as good as waze or google maps but is it a lot worse then them or is there not that much difference? Thanks a lot for any advice you guys can give!!

Live traffic works well although it seems a bit slow to remove obstacles from the map.
As you say, not a patch on Waze, which works well on carplay.

Thanks for all your help mate!!

I was also wondering if anyone knows if the live updates for Garmin map pilot are supported in a 14 plate W205 C Class?? I've heard some rumours that it may just be for the 2015 and newer cars?? Thanks for all your help guys!

Reactions: Ted
It's normally done via a new SD card with new maps.
Mercedes sell the card for £99 with 3yrs live traffic and the latest maps.
Contact your local dealer for the information.

It's normally done via a new SD card with new maps.
Mercedes sell the card for £99 with 3yrs live traffic and the latest maps.
Contact your local dealer for the information.
thanks mate will do

Hi everyone, just purchased a W205 C Class with the garmin map pilot, just debating whether to pay for the live traffic updates, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how good the live traffic updates are? Im assuming its probably not quite as good as waze or google maps but is it a lot worse then them or is there not that much difference? Thanks a lot for any advice you guys can give!!
Hi all,
I had a 17 plate C200, and bought a Garmin SD card online which worked well (the car had the system, but no card).
In Nov 2021 I traded my car for a 2019 plate C200 AMG Line which included a Garmin Map Pilot. It was rubbish, and would not recognise 90 per cent of the street addresses I tried to set as a destination.
The MB dealership changed the SD card for a new one, but the same problems exist.
Dealership can not assist, and I contacted MB at Milton Keynes to try to resolve, but without success.
Has anyone had the same problem, and was it resolved, and how?
Why should a 2 year newer car have such a terrible SatNav system?
Garmin refused to assist/comment when they heard the system is fitted in a Mercedes.

Live traffic works well although it seems a bit slow to remove obstacles from the map.
As you say, not a patch on Waze, which works well on carplay.
How do you get Waze to work through Android Auto please?

How do you get Waze to work through Android Auto please?

You need to configure the Android Auto Launcher on your phone to have Waze as one of the apps that can be used with Android Auto. The instructions vary depending on the version of the Abdoid OS, so I suggest that you Google it. But in any event, if Android Auto works in your car but Waze is not showing, then this is a configuration issue on the phone, not the car.

I have Audio 20 with three year old maps but also have Tomtom live traffic (traffic expires in May 2022) It is impossible to buy update sd cards from MB dealers, as they are either no longer available or back ordered for months (answers depend on which dealer, all have different stories) Full cards at 500 quid are still available. As maps are more important to me than traffic, I decided to buy a cheap card for 39quid from ebay (it did not state that live traffic was included). Inserted card and maps updated to v17, as expected live traffic stated "no subsciption". But to my surprise after 24 hours, traffic was again activated and valid till May 2022. So somehow my original subscription is now linked to the new ebay card. A lot more fun to come in May I think, as no one in MB seems to have a clue as to what is happening to this navigation system.

Now today Mercedes me have just offered me the Excellence package (screenshot below) of which live traffic is included
So is the whole system changing, and does that price include new maps or is it just "traffic".😭

Edit, Just seen this on Mercedes me site

The Excellence Package is available in all model series with the MBUX multimedia system or the COMAND Online multimedia system.
So looks as though they want 129 quid for something that wont work in my vehicle anyway!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (90).png
    Screenshot (90).png
    227.5 KB · Views: 2
In my case, the Mercedes me website got the services for my car spot-on.

For my 2013 car, it simply says "There are no services available for your vehicle"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom