Garmin Pilot Map update and Apple car play via software update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belumira

Car
B180 AMG
Recently purchased a B180 AMG 66 reg which I am really pleased with. A couple of confusing points which I wonder if anyone can shed any light on please, as Mercedes are giving conflicting advice.

I want to have Apple car play installed mercedes tell me this can not be retro fitted. when we bought the vehicle the Mercedes sales,an said it was a software upgrade, but have now subsequently said its not possible! I then enquired about updating the garmin and they said it will cost £235 to up date the maps. It currently has version 5 and I understand the current version is V15.

so my question is can you upgrade to Apple car play and do people really pay £235 to upgrade maps which I think is a rip off.

thanks

Recently purchased a B180 AMG 66 reg which I am really pleased with. A couple of confusing points which I wonder if anyone can shed any light on please, as Mercedes are giving conflicting advice.

I want to have Apple car play installed mercedes tell me this can not be retro fitted. when we bought the vehicle the Mercedes sales,an said it was a software upgrade, but have now subsequently said its not possible! I then enquired about updating the garmin and they said it will cost £235 to up date the maps. It currently has version 5 and I understand the current version is V15.

so my question is can you upgrade to Apple car play and do people really pay £235 to upgrade maps which I think is a rip off.

thanks

Welcome.

Apple CarPlay can be retrofitted on some models, while on others it can be added via the installation of third-party hardware.

Contact forum sponsor Comand UK with your VIN on [email protected], they will tell you what can be done

In any event, don't bother with the dealers, they wouldn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom