Garmin Streetpilot 111 Deluxe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by Brian WH
set route to my daughters then went wrong deliberately and it alerted me and recalculated, which takes a minute or so.

Is that right? A minute or so??

My travel pilot tells you immediately if you have gone wrong. Route calculating also takes seconds as long as it knows where it is. If you are 'off road', i.e not on the digital map it takes a little longer.

It's a shame, but the Travel Pilot being a single DIN wouldnt look right in the more modern cars.

I recently spoke to Blaupunkt, TMC 'should' be available in the Autumn.:bannana: :bannana:

If you lot are not careful you could end up like this guy ..... (cheers to Andy for this)

skodacockpit.jpg

Now I thought I had seen those alloy pedals before...........classy:D

Originally posted by jimmy
Is that right? A minute or so??

Well tried it out properly today and absolutely thrilled with it.

Managed 8 satallites coming home with internal aerial, and when I went wrong twice it corrected in under 10 seconds. Yesterday when I tied going wrong I was at the start of an 18 mile journey so it took a bit longer, my "minute" was total guesswork. I don't think it took that long really!

Have mounted it on the dash, photos to follow, using permanent bracket not the temporary bean bag. Fuzzer only uses the bean bag because he swops it from car to car.

Anyway can't wait to use it on a foreign trip which is what I mainly bought it for. I will take it to Prague in September even though I am going by plane.

All in all so far 10/10.
:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Pictures of my installation.

Garmin1.jpg
Garmin8.jpg
Garmin3.jpg

Garmin4.jpg

Garmin6.jpg

Garmin7.jpg

Nine Satellite Reception.:bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Looks very neat Bryan, and at least if you don't need to use it you just keep it hidden and it looks even neater. You only have all the wires when its in use.

I had a couple of questions, how quickly does it acquire a satellite lock when started from cold? How clear/loud are the voice instructions? I take it the speaker is in the cigarette lighter attachment.

Originally posted by RichardM
I had a couple of questions, how quickly does it acquire a satellite lock when started from cold? How clear/loud are the voice instructions? I take it the speaker is in the cigarette lighter attachment.

a) Satellite lock is supposed to be 45 secs from cold, I find that this is OK when you have good positioning and plenty of satellites to choose from. In reality I would say 45 secs is a minimum figure mate.(When Cold)

b) Instructions are clear and as you say from the microphone attached to the cigarette lighter socket. You can turn it up and down. If you want to run it on batteries you can buy a speaker that plugs in the back.

Great install. The permanant install looks really good . If only we didnt have to keep swaping it between the cars.

I look forward to using mine in the US shotly :) ill feedback the results.

On another note , Garmin have their maps security Down to a fine art. Basically its all tied into your serial number and you ahve to go through an online registration to enable Maps that you have bought. Talk about stamping out piaracy. :mad:

Originally posted by fuzzer
Great install. The permanant install looks really good . If only we didnt have to keep swaping it between the cars.

Why don't you use the permanent attachment in your car and the temporary one in all your other vehicles???:confused: That way the expensive motor looks the best eh.:cool: :cool:

Can you not purchase a second attachment so you can fix it to both cars?

Yes you can, you can also buy a hard wire kit to make it even neater if you want, the only problem that I see with that is that you probably have to buy the seperate microphone as well.

see , this is why i post on this forum .. the ideas :)

D'oh , for some reason didnt think of that:D

the only problem that I see with that is that you probably have to buy the seperate microphone as well.

Microphone? or speaker... :)

Microphone? or speaker... :)

Got carried away didn't I.:confused: :confused: Yes Speaker Richard, well spotted.:D :D

Just come back from a trip to Prague by Plane.

Tried my StreetPilot 111 in the plane going.

Plotted course across from East Midlands airport down past Coventry, close to Maffs house and through centre of London, and across the coast at Deal.

Absolutely magic, max 548mph at 35000 feet and map as clear as a bell down to street level accuracy.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Just come back from a trip to Prague by Plane.

Tried my StreetPilot 111 in the plane going.
Plotted course across from East Midlands airport down past Coventry, close to Maffs house and through centre of London, and across the coast at Deal.
Absolutely magic, max 548mph at 35000 feet and map as clear as a bell down to street level accuracy

Should hope so.

Spotted this in a photo taken when Sym and I went in a Helicopter at Goodwood.

heligarmin.jpg

Just noticed Costco have reduced the garmin Street Pilot 3, price to £680 inc vat.:bannana:
This was at the Haydock Store.
The prices do differ from store to store (I was informed)

Best Regards
Joe

Same price in Watford, bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom