Gary Brooker RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dippo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus ES
Gary Brooker, the singer from Procol Harum, has died aged 76.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Nooooooo. Loved this guy and he got better as he aged.

Sorry to hear about this. Really nice guy who seemed comfortable in his own skin

Fond memory of being invited by Gary to a charity concert at Wintershall in ‘88, when he put together an ad hoc group called “Band du Lac” to raise money for a local charity.

Lovely summer evening, made embarrassing by bumping into not one but two ex-girlfriends during the evening.

And a memorable return to London - a Peugeot 205 did a an impressive full spin in front of me on the Guildford slip road onto the A3. Completely lost it. Different times.

1E2B6528-0144-4850-B4F5-FFA91DD6C7C5.jpeg

69C95664-BD02-403F-BFF6-FCEA4D4FA764.jpeg

F38894CC-2BC3-4D39-8D7F-44CCB84452A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Some names in those line-ups, Mike.

As well as Whiter Shade..., I've always been a fan of Pandora's Box by PH.

RIP.

Some names in those line-ups, Mike.

As well as Whiter Shade..., I've always been a fan of Pandora's Box by PH.

RIP.
wow never knew that was Procul Harem knew the song not the band, PH are before my time to be fair in fact I was just about born when a whiter shade of pale came out, but it has always been one of my fav songs sad news RIP

Sad to hear of his death - he had a great, very distinctive, voice. In the late seventies, while I and my mates were mostly into punk, I stumbled across a copy of Exotic Birds and Fruit (a PH album from a few years before), and bought it purely because I liked the album cover (a painting of the same name by, iirc, Jakob Bogdani). I think that's the only time I've done such a thing, but of course I kept it a secret from my mates who would have laughed at my choice. However, luckily, there were some great tunes on it - Strong as Samson, The Idol and Nothing but the Truth spring to mind. Ooh, I might just have to dig it out and play it again...

Nooooooo. Loved this guy and he got better as he aged.
The whole concert with Danish orchestra showcased the amazing depth of talent within PC, none more so than Gary Brooker. RIP
I think they succesfully managed to do classical and pop fusion before the genres were even properly defined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom