Gas dampener for centre console - length?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark1959

Car
SL500 (1998)
Hi, like most propels R129 centre console the ‘spring’ has gone from the centre console gas dampener strut thingy.
Before i buy OEM one from Germany i need to know the length of the original black gas strut.

Anyone got the exact measurements please?

Lol - i do yes have a tape measure but my car is SORN at the moment and not nearby to where i live so i thought i would ask the help of someone who has easier access to their SL

Hi, like most propels R129 centre console the ‘spring’ has gone from the centre console gas dampener strut thingy.
Before i buy OEM one from Germany i need to know the length of the original black gas strut.

OEM is this: Stabilus 7833BN

I think someone else has tried this version and it was a little too long but cant be 100% certain?

There seem to be far more success stories than failures. Or just buy the OE part from Mercedes and know that it will work.

Still available according to MB Classic Parts dept. I suspect people choose the 7833 part because its half the price.

Is the part 7833 available from MB direct then?

It's not a genuine MB part, so no.

It's not a genuine MB part, so no.

Thank you - i see quite a few 'exact similar' parts elsewhere ie Stabilus 669472 gas spring on Amazon but fear it wont fit and be a waste of time.
Also a German website called Wiltec could be a source but getting a return back to Germany due to non fitting would be a pain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom