Gas Power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Question, is LPG better than either diesel or petrol this What’s Best? LPG, Petrol or Diesel? | Dynamic Asset Recovery seems to suggest it is.

The main reason I ask, I have noticed that many new busses in Bristol are now natural "gas powered for cleaner air" Why, in that case, have gas powered cars effectively died in this country, and aslo considering we export gas and import petrol, seems a little daft to me when we could be using our own resources.

The emissions from LPG would be cleaner that petrol or diesel because it is made up of shorter chain hydrocarbons so is a lighter fuel. It has less heavy particles emitted.
Diesel is the worse followed by petroleum.
Without having done any research, I presume LPG is also from the refinery distillation column so there is only so much composition of LPG you can get from oil.

LPG is not so practical because it eats into boot space and cannot travel on certain Ferrys or Channel Tunnel due to high pressure gas container.
All this puts off the consumer.

For buses, you have the space to store the gas container and Bristol buses don't need to worry about going on the Channel Tunne.

The emissions from LPG would be cleaner that petrol or diesel because it is made up of shorter chain hydrocarbons so is a lighter fuel. It has less heavy particles emitted.
Without having done any research, I presume LPG is also from the refinery distillation column so there is only so much composition of LPG you can get from oil.

LPG is not so practical because it eats into boot space and cannot travel on certain Ferrys or Channel Tunnel due to high pressure gas container.

For buses, you have the space to store the gas container and Bristol buses don't need to worry about going on the Channel Tunne.
Most buses are outside of major cities, which means that that there’s plenty of space for LPG tanks, because there’s hardly anyone using them (even prior to COVID-19). 😀

Apparently North sea oil is considered wet and contains a lot of LPG which we export.

I am sure ferries accept pressurised gas containers on board purely by the number of caravans etc which regularly use them. You are correct about the tunnel at present :D

A gas container would take us about the same space as a petrol tank. I am thinking here of purely a gas powered vehicle not a dual fuel vehicle.

Apparently North sea oil is considered wet and contains a lot of LPG which we export.

I am sure ferries accept pressurised gas containers on board purely by the number of caravans etc which regularly use them. You are correct about the tunnel at present :D

A gas container would take us about the same space as a petrol tank. I am thinking here of purely a gas powered vehicle not a dual fuel vehicle.

As far as I am aware if you Travel on a Ferry you are required to Disconnect the LPG Container!:(

Chevrolet seem to be the only Manufacturer of LPG Only Cars, I may be wrong though !;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom