Gas powered daily life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it was not for the pollution... it would be a brilliant place to live in!

I love engines... my first was a Cox 0.20 ;)

Electricity is like magic to me, I like this much more.

That is exactly what I have been saying about electric cars. Once the public sample them and like them they will no more want to go back to fuel burning engines than they will want a 2-stroke hi-fi.
Brilliant video - the way they morphed recognisable engines into white goods.

BTW - D.C. Spitfire, 1.0cc was my first engine. A Diesel - well not quite, HCCI is actually what it is. Paradoxically, a format revisited exploring the possibility of small scale electricity generation for.....lap tops! (and the likes).

That is exactly what I have been saying about electric cars. Once the public sample them and like them they will no more want to go back to fuel burning engines than they will want a 2-stroke hi-fi.
Brilliant video - the way they morphed recognisable engines into white goods.

BTW - D.C. Spitfire, 1.0cc was my first engine. A Diesel - well not quite, HCCI is actually what it is. Paradoxically, a format revisited exploring the possibility of small scale electricity generation for.....lap tops! (and the likes).

Although I agree slightly, and think things like the Tesla have changed electric cars forever, the range thing would still stop me buying one - as would (at the moment) the cost.

If Tesla fitted a tiny suitcase generator in the car that the driver could fire up if he knew he'd have a range issue, then I think they'd sell a lot more of them.

99% of the days I drive, the Tesla would be fine - it's just that 1% that would make the car useless to me. I KNOW there are the "supercharger" points, but what if you get there and someone's using it? Or it's broken or vandalised?

If there were a Supercharger point at every supermarket, coffee shop, fuel station and so forth that would be different...

I do think it will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom